Friday, February 8, 2013

Travis's School Vacation!

As I previously mentioned, Travis studied his BRAINS out preparing for his finals and drank a lot of "daddy's medicine (pepsi; we called it medicine so Maddix didn't feel bad when he didn't get any. It started as a joke, but by the end Maddix was getting them out of the fridge and bringing them to Travis saying, "Here Dad, here's you's medicine.")
This is his study area... disaster area ;)
Well after passing all his tests on the first round he was awarded a week off before officially entering his 2nd Year of Med School. This week as been flying by, and I just WISH it would slow down (when do I ever say that?)! As you recall we had the Elders over Monday. Tuesday we were lucky enough to have a date night; seriously needed. We have been waiting forever, but Les Miserable finally came out here so we had Seena come babysit while we went to the movie.
We were feeling trendy for our night on the town
When we came home I shouldn't have been so surprised that Maddix was still awake... bouncing in his bed... waving Seena's phone around in the dark. He worked Seena over and went to bed pretty late:)

Wednesday we received a package from my grandmother and it was like Christmas all over again! My favorite part was the box of Wheatthins my Grandma sent for my bday, but Travis hid them at first. I heard him open the bag and my instincts kicked in. I could see the fear in Travis's eyes just before I began chasing him around the house; Maddix followed laughing the whole way. Then that night while I went and taught institute Travis took Maddix to dinner with his classmates; let's just say I didn't miss one of Maddix's FINEST showings haha. Thursday we mostly took it easy, cooked dinner together, and then had a family movie night to Harry Potter 3. We started the Harry Potter Marathon back in Sept when we got here and I'm starting to wonder if we'll make through them all before we leave.

Today was a really great day. After morning scriptures Maddix has been watching episodes of this Super Why cartoon that solves problems through examples from Children's books and teaches you the alphabet and such. Since Maddix has watched it he's really increased in his learning of the alphabet and letter recognition. But cuter than anything today he reached his hand to Travis and I as the show told us to put our hands in and he began repeating the entire intro! We were dying from his cute voice and how smart he sounded! For lunch we walked up the road to Angelo's for Pizza then came home and put him down for a nap, which of course led me to a nap.

When I woke up I found my boys in the front room playing together. Maybe it's the pregnancy hormones but I was in love watching Travis follow Maddix around the house flying planes, playing hide 'n' seek, etc. Then after an INTENSE pillow fight that was inspired by the Les Mis. barricade scene where Maddix and I lost (because we were France, Travis was Germany) we took a trip to the beach:
They laid in the sand and looked at the shapes in the clouds

They did the backstroke 

Then they went diving for fish
After swimming there was some beach football
Click this photo; Look at his face! 

He's pretty good at making it in the
box
And to end the night we turned on some music and had a little rock band of our own.
I thought we were finished so Travis and I went into the kitchen to start a late dinner and I could hear Maddix singing and banging in the front room; this is what I found!
Look at that tongue

Look at that fierceness 

He was jammin' 
Happy day from the Island my friends. We be havin' fun at our beach... we don't be noticin' ta snow all out our window!

No comments:

Post a Comment