Monday, February 18, 2013

Pleasant Weekend

Friday was a bit of a lazy day; however, it did have it's eventful moments. I was taking a nap when Travis sort of woke me up on his way to use the restroom. Shortly after I heard him calling for me, each one a bit more panicked than the one before. I hopped out of bed as I heard a crashing noise and found him laying on the floor one arm in the shower, one in the sink, and his head in the mop bucket; completely passed out. When he lifted his head open the first thing he said was, "I'm having a seizure," and his eyes were insanely dilated! He wasn't shaking much but I could not get him to focus on me, then out of nowhere his eyes went back to normal and he was came to. He's just fine. We're not sure why it happened, but he's been just fine since then. 

That night as we put Maddix to sleep Cody (our branch pres/ Taiwanese student) came over so we could go out to dinner with the classmates to celebrate Kossi's bday. As I was explaining to Cody of Maddix's normal routine of things to avoid sleeping I grew anxious that he would pull his, "Mom I can't sleep because I pooped," routine. Well we went out the door and before it was closed, I heard him. HA! Joke was on him. I quickly changed him and we were off. Cody said he went to sleep quickly after we left. We enjoyed a great night out and had fun sitting back watching all the "young-in's" enjoy their drinks. 


Finally got a picture of the two of us

Kossi's 2nd round of shots before
dinner even arrived

Everyone who came out for the party
Saturday started out with an ice skating trip to the grocery store. The night before we had a mist rain and then it dropped below freezing, so we woke up to a thin sheet of glass like ice. Everyone was sliding around and falling over. There was even a drunkered shuffling through the streets like a zombie as cars swerved around him. 

Sunday was a longer day as Travis's meetings ran late and by the time we arrived home there was no way to put Maddix down for a nap. And then that night our Elder's received "THE call" from Pres. Neilson telling them about transfers. And after feeling SO sure he wouldn't be leaving, Elder Rittmanic (Timpview Football player) found out he's being transfered back to Katowice where he just came back from; poor guy was extremely bummed. So tonight they're going to come over and get photos... Maddix is very sad, and I KNOW it really hasn't sunk in for him yet. I think it's going to get harder for him each transfer as he gains more memories and understanding. :( Oh and our new Elder coming in is Elder Finch and all we know is he's only been out one transfer longer than Elder Peacock who left the MTC and arrived here for Christmas... So this is going to be interesting!!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment