Wednesday, June 5, 2013

For Family Night on Monday we took on a family project of going over to Travis's Provo Grandma's home with some of his cousins/aunts/uncles to deep clean the rental basement from the renters that had just moved out. Afterward there were cookies. Curse being back in the U.S. with all these sweets at my disposal!
Taking a cookie break
Yesterday, Tuesday we set out to accomplish the un-accomplishable... we tried to clean out part of the garage :S Yikes! Well to entertain Maddix and Nala I grabbed the bat and ball and Maddix and I began hitting tennis balls to the dog and watching her chase them all over; the baseball hat, Maddix added on his own:)
Oh these two make me smile:)
After a long morning of playing outside we drove down to Sp. Fork to take Maddix and his friend to the park. Then it was lunch in the car, home for a nap, and then a long awaited movie/cuddle time to Wreck It Ralph (which I was so excited to watch with him). After the movie we went out and enjoyed the rest of the evening swinging while Travis did some yard work.

Adorable moment: Travis was raking the grass to pull up the dead grass and then he would collect the piles and put them in the garbage. Well Maddix wanted to be like daddy and to help him so he would go and pick up part of the pile, go to the garbage can and then turn back and look at Travis with this look... I can't explain it. It was trusting, like he knew Travis would be there to lift him up high enough to throw it in the garbage. It also was this look of knowing he was being just like his daddy and that made him sincerely happy. I wish I could have captured that look, but it melted my heart. And he wouldn't let me lift him, if I tried he said sweetly, "no it's okay, my daddy will do it. I'll wait for him." Then with a few books read from each mom and dad, it was off to bed for Maddix and his puppy.

Today we went out back bright and early to start on the yard work (yeah... Maddix and I more played on the swing set). After nap time we loaded in the car to go back to Sp. Fork to play on the splash pads at the park. It was a play date for Maddix as much as it was for us; this was the first time Travis was able to see Brian in almost a year. It was a lot of fun catching up with them and the kids seemed to enjoy the park and the water.
We are grateful to have so many great friends.
This bunch will definitely be missed when they move soon

No comments:

Post a Comment