Thursday, June 6, 2013

Fun in the Sun... then paying for it after:(

About 3 or 4 months ago Travis was invited by Larisa (his sister) to join their team to compete in the Spartan at the end of June. With so much time to prepare he said yes, looked at just how intense it is going to be and did very little training aside from walking everywhere while carrying our 37lb Maddix quite often:) Well now that we're back Garett (Trav's brother who is competing as well) has become dedicated to whipping Travis into shape; so this morning we hopped out of our beds and went up to Larisa's house complete with cereal packed in a bag and Maddix still in his pj's. At first Maddix and I planned on playing with Keili and Allie  while the big people worked out but when we got there she had the girls all loaded in her stroller to push them on the run so Travis really got a work out when Maddix was strapped in their extra one and got to go with them:) I stayed and watched Pitch Perfect, which I LOVE.

Really was the only moment there weren't a
dozen children clamoring up the slide
Then after lunch we met up with everyone back at Scera shell pool where we all played our little hearts out; I mean EVERYONE, even Aaron was floating and doing laps in my stomach! I've never felt him move like that, and if I tried to crawl along the shallow area to follow Maddix he really started swimming right along!

He was completely content on going down the
slide, over and over, and over...

Then he took a few turns going down
the big slide that was disappointingly slow!

Everyone had such a great time, we ended up staying
for 3hrs or so.
Unfortunately because we lost track of time there was never a time any of us thought to hop out and re lather the sun block until I suggested doing it just before we got out to go home... so tonight all the boys: Travis, Garett, and ESPECIALLY Maddix are paying for the day in the sun :( My poor boy is EXTREMELY red. As soon as we got home I put Aloe vera plant all over him, then later I put Apple Cider Vinegar, then before bed some more Aloe vera  and some liquid advil to cut down on the swelling you get when you burn. However while Maddix is the most severely red all the whining has come from Garette and Travis; such babies!
Now just barely I went back to see WHY Maddix isn't asleep seeing as he skipped his nap, and is sun exhausted and he told me, "it's not bed time." I said "Yes Maddix, it is," to which he replied, "It's not bed time, It's party time!" .... WHAT?? Where did he learn that. Just told that to Travis and Garett and they bust out laughing:)

No comments:

Post a Comment