Tuesday, June 25, 2013

So Behind... Again

Okay, Okay, I'm starting to notice a pattern from last summer's posts to now. Last summer I was constantly posting in weekly blocks and skipping details just to remember what is was we actually did... sound familiar? Well, after today I am vowing (not a promise though) to be better about updating more frequently so I can actually look back and remember everything cute and fun... and even the not fun things. So for today, I am desperately going to try and remember what's been going on this past week, and then hopefully you'll be hearing from me sooner next time.
Okay:
We had some super fun play time with with friends
Swinging at Pioneer Park
He was LOVING the splash pad


Snow cone treats after the park with Mattix














Then we had some really
            fun quiet play time with just us at the house
Building a cars track out of pencils
and crayons after coloring

He was most proud of his tunnel
We had several outings to the backyard where we played on the swings
               and through the ball to Nala, and teased her by taking her toys
                             and also I had to work a lot so he was daddy's #1 helper
                                     when it came to fixing the sprinklers, working on
                                               the garage, yard, etc, and of course, playing
                                                        some Mario Nintendo:)
Maddix even has our cute Neighbor girl, Summer coming over to read to him (partly to help her reading skills increase, and partly because he just loves her) and one night she came right before he was going to sleep so he got some bed time stories from Summer and her friend; what a stud he must have felt like.

We had a doctor's appointment, so Maddix once again went and played at my grandparent's house and when I came to pick him up he and my Grandpa were out on the balcony playing with trucks and little army men; it was adorable.
           Travis has continued his hours up at the doctor's office, but will be finishing this Thursday...so he is SOLD that the baby is coming in two days (here's hoping;).
           We've gone and bought some baby supplies and even picked up the car seat! Now we just need the crib!
            We attended my co-worker's wedding in a cute little backyard that had a gorgeous garden/play area so Maddix thought he was just at the park and loved it. Cutest thing was when someone there said hello to him he removed his hat and said hello before replacing it on his head!
Yesterday my dear co-workers through me a baby shower at Nelson's park. I was so appreciative... I loved all the presents they got me, and the food was such a bitter/sweet, mainly because I ate too much and it was too good.
At the end as we were polishing off
the food! Or at least trying

Maddix was helping me with the gifts

Always up for a photo and he's just too
cute to NOT take a photo of;)
Gifts we've received

Believe it or not, we even fit in a walk or two over to the river trail where Maddix likes to throw rocks in the water, and I try as hard as I can to convince Nala that she doesn't need to be in the water as well. However she did yank free and make it into the water one day so Maddix and I ended up bathing her when we came home and made her look nice and pretty... then she started her puppy period. So she's outside and dirty again, but I don't have the energy, or desire, to bath her.

I guess besides that we've just been enjoying the sun when it's out, and absolutely loving the wind when it blows. I'd be up for a good thunder/rain storm, but I'll take what I can get:) Today we went to the park and had lunch over there with Maverick, Hadley, Mattix, and the Camille's. When they were done eating the sprinklers had just turned off and their were giant puddles EVERYWHERE so the kids at a BLAST running, stomping, splashing, kicking, and falling down in the water before coming home and having nap time:) I don't know what we'll do when he gets up but I know the best part will be when we go pick Travis up! As soon as we dropped Travis at work today Maddix instantly started asking for his daddy back as we ran all of our errands. He can't wait to pick him up:)

38w 3d
I also worked my last shift at Chuck-a-rama until after the baby comes and let me just say my body screams for joy knowing that I'm done, but my brain says, "Please go back and work some more while the money is extra good!!" You'd be shocked how much people pity you and overly tip you when you're so pregnant. I am so sad to start back after the baby comes and switch back to normal tips :( I am so grateful for every opportunity I had to be there this past month.
I am also eternally grateful, relieved, thankful, happy, and overwhelming excited to announce that our insurance FINALLY went through, became activated, and is now set up so that if baby Aaron does decide to make his debut anytime soon, we will be completely covered!

No comments:

Post a Comment