Tuesday, May 22, 2012

~And... We're Back~

Well, it's been awhile but today we got our internet back! IT was beautiful.
Here is a brief catch up on our happenings
Maddix mysteriously disappeared, and this is where I found him

Travis captured proof that I hog the bed
We've entered terrible two's, but we're learning a little on how to handle it
We've played with the Mecham's
Read LOTS of books... no, we've read the same books LOTS of times


Learned to tuck our knees in our shirts
Went to Branch FHE, found no one there to teach, so Travis came up with a lesson on the spot and we all had an awesome time!

Found out this retard was too lady like to let the stud do his thing so we WON'T be having puppies this summer :(
Again, found Maddix reading scriptures pleasantly to himself
Received another bruise from tripping and falling into the leg of the table. Don't know if you can see the bruise line down his cheek or the bruise under his eye. Poor boy was helping me set the table

And then TODAY... today was interesting. I received a text from Travis to look out the window and when I did I found a horrific scene. There was an unconscious body in the road laying in a pool of blood near the head. It made me remember when my mom  said she'd been the first to an accident scene and although this was not as bad, I know I'll never shake the scene.. and yet I couldn't stop watching.

The man in the car had tried to cut up in line and get into the turning lane, so he pulled into oncoming traffic at the same time this older lady had gone to jay-walk through the stopped cars and he just hit her. I didn't feel right taking pictures until the end and after they hauled her off they didn't even clean up the blood stain off the street. It's still outside my window!

THEN something else gross.. and a first. Maddix came to get me when he was supposed to be napping and told me he'd pooped. I got up to go change him and then looked closer. He'd stuck his hand in his diaper and "painted" a bit on his chest..................... SICK. That's all I'm saying about that.
Well I think that catches us all up!

2 comments:

  1. The pics of Maddix reading scriptures are too cute! What a darling little family you have, Lacey!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness! I'm hoping the poop incident is mostly a boy thing because Mercedes has yet to do something like that.

    That accident sounds like it was horrible to see!

    Maddix reading the scriptures is so adorable. Way to go guys!

    Oh and the terrible twos... my goodness Lace. We're suffering right now from it!

    The funniest thing to me about the picture of you sleeping is you've slept like that at all of our sleep overs since I can remember! Curled up almost in a ball on your side!

    Oh poor Nala, and poor you guys! Hopefully next year.

    P.s. We can't wait to see you guys in just over a month!!

    ReplyDelete