Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Our Day on the first of May


Today Is May 1st. 
This may seem like little to you, but here it is everything to the Poles. It is a very large holiday, which for us means we get to enjoy the beautiful day without anyone around. In fact, the mall was shut, the grocery stores, gas stations... everything except the McDonalds was closed today:) And then Thursday will be the same so yeah... Happy May First everyone! I love it because I can now say, "Next month we come home for the summer!" 

Here was our day: 
This morning he asked for one of "potty cookies" and I told him he had to go potty. He tried, but nothing came out. When he later walked into my room I found this: He decided to get his own cookie

It's SO HOT here. This is us dying in the back seat while we took the rental car back to the gentlemen who was unhappy to be working on this Holiday that shut down the country

I let Maddix snap a picture to take his mind off the heat and this is what he shot, not bad.
Becky was so sweet and picked us up and gave us a ride back to her house where we spent the rest of the evening hammering out the trip details and having Travis plan the best trip possible for us to take. So all the places I mentioned before, not happening :) It's entirely a new trip now and when I'm more sure of what they all decided on I'll post it; we leave Thurs at 6am, that's all I know. 
I was a bit distracted with Maddix who was fevering, rashing, bum rashing, had skipped half his nap, was hungry, in pain, and bored... he was a NIGHTMARE! I think he was the worst I've ever seen. I asked Becky, "Are you sure you still want to be around us for 10days? I mean really?" So the kids tried to keep him entertained, bless their hearts. 
Look at him kick that soccer ball!

So cute, he kept making his gun noises high pitched and sweet, "pew- pew" He'd say in the sweetest voice and you'd just die laughing

First time shooting a gun ha ha

CUTEST moment of the day: I feel sick, maddix has been a nightmare, and I was extremely tired when the kids brought him back inside and he ran over and said, "here mommy." And then he handed me these beautiful flowers; my first flowers from my boy :) 

1 comment:

  1. What a cutie he is! Motherhood is exhausting, but oh so worth it!

    ReplyDelete