Monday, May 14, 2012

A Farewell to Elder Kennedy

Let's just say that most of today I would like to forget. I've been saying this a lot, but honestly, I might not make  it through Maddix's TERRIBLE TWO'S!!! Travis and I are seriously wondering if we're doing anything wrong.

So the Highlights from today definitely were our dinner with the Elders... our last dinner with Elder Kennedy :( He'll be leaving this Thursday and we're so sad, but we are lucky enough to have some days this summer planned with him for when he visits Utah. AND thankfully we get to keep Elder Mikolesky! So tonight they came over and helped us make Taco's (as requested by Elder Kennedy) and homemade cinnamon french toast.
Our Favorite game: Settlers
Such an amazing Missionary and friend

Our Johnson Family sword from the Elders

This is the first experience I've ever had in getting to know missionaries, having them over, creating wonderful friendships with them, and then having to say goodbye. I have to say I'm not loving the goodbye part. Our wonderful Elders bought us a sword, wrote a scripture on it, and each signed it! Something I'll value forever.
After they left we then had to put Maddix to bed where he experienced a large fit as well some funny time with Daddy
Oh how I cherish the moments when that boy is smiling... since they're so far and few in between these days.

No comments:

Post a Comment