Sunday, May 6, 2012

Sunday in Lublin

THE HAMBURGER


So Lacey is off on her amazing adventure and I am left home to tend to my studies.  Tonight I had the elders over and thus decided it was time to make something manly like hamburgers.  I figure that the Elders would probably be pretty hungry and that the only way to solve their hunger would be through meat... 1 kilo of turkey burger to be exact (for those not familiar with kilos that is 2.2 lbs :)  So I am now going to describe how this wonderful masterpiece tasted.... this burger was the most delectable, tasty, bodacious,  delicious, mouth watering, tear to the eye bringing, appetizing, toothsome, tasteful, pungent, zestful, delish, smile to the face bringing, heavenely, flavorful, divine, savory, juicy, sapid, toothy, flavorsum, spicy, loosen the belt two notches, yummy, flavory, good-tasting, full-flavored, palatable, sweet to the core, luscious, piquant, scrumptious, making five guys and red robin look pansy, unhealthy, hearty, what was I thinking hamburger that has ever been known to exist.  Needless to say I think the Elders left full and I still have a smile on my face.  Let me also describe the thought process of this hamburger.  It all began when I placed the bottom part of the bun on my plate, next I added mayonnaise, mustard and ketchup.  After that I felt it lacked meat, so I threw on the first patty which had swiss-cheese melted on top.  The Next step was To add 4 pieces of lettuce, 5 pieces of tomatoes and then a ton of red onion.  It was still not looking like a proper hamburger for eating, so I decided to throw on a second patty, that had ementaler-cheese melted on top. Then I proceeded to add 5 more pieces of tomato, a bunch of red onions and 4 more pieces of lettuce.  I was a little worried the calorie count wouldn't be high enough so for good measure I added mayonnaise on the top bun as well as some more ketchup and mustard.  I feel that this is a good time for a poem...

Dearest Hamburger (A Haiku by: Travis)

Delectable you
You filled my belly so well
You make me need sleep

(Insert finger snapping of agreement here)

Well I'm going to get back to my post dinner duties (and don't worry I haven't gone crazy... yet), but everyone is invited to sit in the bliss of this hamburger and to stare in most certain awe at this radical creation for as long as they like!!!  

No comments:

Post a Comment