Sunday, May 13, 2012

Our Saturday at the Baptism

Hi. It feels like years since I  posted last and I know that when I try to sum up my trip it's going to be so LONG! I'm currently waiting for the rest of my pictures before I post about our adventure. So here is a catch up on our lives, and I'll post about the trip a little later. So Friday the Mecham's, Maddix, and I arrived home in the afternoon and then that night Travis and I went on a date; Our first real date since arriving to Poland. Bailey babysat while we went to dinner and then to the new Avenger's movie; which was amazing by the way.
Saturday was amazing, Pawel finally got to be baptized. And Travis was asked to baptize him.
A beautiful day at the lake for a baptism


It was very sweet too when Pawel walked over with a clover and said, "I know that a four leaf clover is good luck, so how good of luck is it to have 5 leaves?"
As soon as the Mission President, his wife, and their visiting children showed up, we proceeded with the baptism and it was wonderful. The weather was gorgeous and there was no one else there, until the moment we walked out of the water. Then people showed up in large numbers and the weather started to really cool down. The Lord always blesses us when we're following his commandments




Afterward, while the weather still held out, we had some food, and enjoyed the day. Meanwhile EVERYONE wanted a turn with Maddix, and it seemed that no one could get enough of him. He ate up all the attention, of course, and was so exhausted on the car ride home that it was all we could do to try and keep him up until we got home; which we didn't succeed at.
Cole and Maddix off in the trees Exploring
Marlena, Maddi, and I trying to keep warm


Beata was smitten with Maddix
Mikolaj (Beata's son, and our branch translator) is Maddix's favorite


Maddix giving Jasmine some loves

These two pull faces unlike anyone else I know. They're priceless
The branch got a kick out of Pres. Mecham wearing 'the woman's' apron :)
Getting warm around the barbeque



Don't fall asleep! Quick everyone try and entertain him!
Nope, it didn't work:)

What a great day it was. Travis was so happy to help and be apart. He even memorized how to baptize Pawel in Polish! But Pawel ended up asking him to do it in English. Oh, and we just found out, since he couldn't find any work here he has to go back to England for two years. So we will really miss him... and our branch STILL stays at the same number:) For now.

No comments:

Post a Comment