Friday, May 25, 2012

My Date Night/Day with Maddix

What a fun day. Today we did a Mother-Son day long Date.
After Maddix helped me do dishes and get the apartment picked up we started our together time. Here's how our day went:
So he was throwing my make-up around like he does each day I'm getting ready and I decided to pin him down and paint a face to match his out of control hair!

Since I wear very little make-up I had little to work with, BUT it was a Lion nose with whiskers, and this was his "roar" So then we played Lions for a little bit

Then we got read for our outing

Maddix took me somewhere nice and lush

He was a gentlemen and "brought the jeep around"

He even chose to sit on the bench next to me at one point on the date... awh!

Then a little friend showed up and he played better with him than I've ever seen before

He treated this baby (who honestly was Maddix's size with the mental capacity of a 10month old) like a little brother and showed him how to do everything, coddled him when he would fall, and always shared the toys or picked them up when the baby would drop them. They laughed together, Maddix showed him how to run, they hid in the bushes, and for an hour they played so well. Oh and notice they both had to carry around their phones! Then the little boy had to leave. We then played with an older boy for a minute, went and petted a sweet dog, then went up to make dinner. 
Once dinner was in the oven I came and found this:
Not only was he watching the movie too closely, he was latched onto the entertainment center. My fault for leaving my date untended for so long :)
Once I hopped in our special viewing area he cuddled right up to me!! So fresh for a first date, but I was loving it. ha ha. We were watching The Little Rascals. I hadn't seen it in years and he LOVED it.
This is when they're pledging to be "He-Man Woman Haters." We pledged right along. 
We also had the balcony doors open, I don't know if you can see, and the breeze felt so wonderful in our hot apartment. We paused the movie, ate dinner, and then Travis joined us for the last of the movie, which was a wonderful way to end the night.

Thank you Maddix for taking your mommy on a date and filling in your daddy's shoes while he's "away" studying.

Love this boy

2 comments:

  1. Ah, that is just precious! What a gentlemen, even if he does get a bit fresh for a first date ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So fun to watch you guys have these wonderful missionary experiences! It'll be so fun to see you and catch up.

    ReplyDelete