Monday, January 9, 2012

15 month check up results: Maddix is a genius!

Ha ha ha, I'm not trying to toot my own horn but I would feel like a bad mom if I didn't share how impressed with Maddix the doctor was today. Since Maddix was born he's always been on the small scale in all his categories (except height). But over the last bit he's really been catching up; in weight he's shot from the 4th percentile, to the 25th, to the 37th today! He's tapered off into the average category for height. He's been very healthy, thank goodness he seems to have inherited Travis' immune system.
Well, today while we were in the doctor's office he was just watching Maddix walk around, respond to us, talk talk talk, and read books, and he was just blown away. He said that the progress Maddix shows is upward of a two year old. To put it simply, he said that if we put Maddix in a room with 100 other 15month old's  he would be the ONLY one in there able to do all that he does. :) 
Is that pressure or what? 
I suddenly feel this amounting pressure that I have this little bundle of brains that I need to be molding to shape its full potential. What do you do with that sort of responsibility?! Well, I'm grateful he's on this end of the scale and not the other... I don't even like to picture that. Anyway, I just wanted to share how proud of my little boy I am! It's amazing to think that Travis and I were so afraid to have a baby we were responsible for. It's amazing to think that our lives ever felt complete before Maddix entered the world. 
:)
'M' is for Maddix
Perfect Angel



Cant's get enough of of this little boy!

No comments:

Post a Comment