Sunday, January 22, 2012

What if we decided to stay?!

You know how in movies when the main character commits to marry someone and the invites have been sent out, the wedding gifts have been bought, and all the down payments have been made? But the character has a change of heart and desperately wants to run away, but feels committed? Well, today we had another farewell party with my grandparents, aunts/uncles, and cousins and by the end I really wanted to yell out, "Just Kidding! We're not leaving; I want to stay and continue to see you guys!" Of course though, I'm just having cold feet, same as all those brides from the movies. We had a great time with everyone. Maddix even got to play with my Aunt Shanna's new little puppy: 
Cousins Shay, Lexi, and I 
Me, Maddix, and Gaddy the puppy
While Maddix was out playing with the puppy, cousin Hunter came out and started pushing Maddix on the bike; he quickly became his favorite person of the night. 

Maddix playing with pup. Gaddy
It was so adorable. While he played with Gaddy, he kept calling her "Nala!" And every time the puppy got too far away or too close his voice would go from a pleasant playful call to an annoyed impatient voice yelling, "Nala, here!" Ha ha, it was great. It was a great night, and it was weird to think I'm not going to see them again for another six months or so. I'm going to miss their faces; especially this one:

1 comment:

  1. Nice cake in your mouth lex!! Otherwise what a cute picture! We will miss you guys!! Hope the visas come quick!

    ReplyDelete