Friday, January 27, 2012

HoW It'S AlL CoMing ToGethEr!!!

Is it happening? Well of course it, is you say. I've only been talking about it for months and blogging about every other post right?! Right you are, but now I have some actions to back up my banter.
  1. I officially worked my LAST day at Chuck-a-rama before we move.
  2. Travis actually dared to book the plane tickets! We leave from the Salt Lake Airport next Sat. at 7:00am. Early, yes. But I'd rather do that than wait around all day. 
  3. Our visas are supposed to show up today!!! So we could have left this Sunday like we'd wanted too, but it's okay, I'm just happy its all happening really:)
  4. Today I had my zumba farewell party. I do a Zumba class Mon, Wed, and Fri and they were nice enough to do a two hour goodbye party with lots of dancing and goodies.
  5. And finally, we've moved EVERYTHING out of Grandma's where we've been living the last 2 1/2 years. 
All that's left now is to clean, party, clean, and party... add in a few errands and such, and this next week is going to FLY by:) Well here are some pictures from yesterday's moving adventure.

Watching cars, with his cars toys, in his toy car (box)
Poor Maddix had a bit of a frustrating day due to his toys disappearing, not being allowed to touch most the piles on the floor, and mommy and daddy being too busy to give him attention. He improvised by climbing into every box we got out for packing and making car sounds:)

By the time Tangled came on Maddix was SO tired from missing his nap and getting in trouble that he called into my laundry basket full of fresh warm clothes and cuddled with the pillow.

Everyone was loaded and ready to go. Maddix was helping to drive Nala around as you can seen from the photos above. Then we ended the night with a trip to the New Buffalo Wild Wings in Lehi; just me, Travis, and my uncle Scott. It was a surprise for Travis since he LOVES that place and makes up go every time we pass through Vegas. He was happy; my waist line was not.
Then this morning at 5:30am I went to Grandma's to start cleaning out our rooms and officially pack our suitcases. We've been planning on one free case a person and then paying $50.00 extra per bag for us two have to suitcases a piece, BUT I made everything fit into one! Super stoked! At 47lbs a piece, we are under the 50lb wait limit and we're ready to go.
It really made me think though, "If I can survive off this one suitcase for the next 6months, why do I need everything else?!" Then even deeper, it hit me again, "If I were called to leave to Zion today nothing in this suitcase would help me get there. I wouldn't need clothes and make up. It made me realize just how pointless our worldly possessions are...

This was my Zumba Class Farewell Party! Thanks for getting me skinny again!

1 comment:

  1. Wow, normally I read through this before I post but today I didn't have much time and I can see all the errors now... sorry.

    ReplyDelete