Saturday, January 28, 2012

~Such a Big Boy~

Maddix continues to melt my heart on a daily basis. And faster than I can wrap my mind around, he's become a toddler that wants to do everything by himself. Lately I've been letting him get closer and closer to completely feeding himself:) 

Look mommy, I have the spoon!
Most the time I'll strip him down and help him hold the spoon on its way to his mouth, but this time I felt adventurous:

He did it all by himself! (Notice he's left handed?)
And so it was, that the first time in his life, Maddix fed himself... all by himself. It helped that it was oatmeal so it stuck to the spoon when he tipped it upside down occasionally, but hey, the food made it into his mouth and he ate the whole bowl. Congratulations baby boy:)






On another note, last night we went to dinner at the Pizza Factory with Travis' two life long friends and had our farewell party with them. We went back to their house and played games until after midnight... I can't believe how tired I was at the end of it all! None of them have children, so I attribute their extra energy and desire to continually play another game to that fact. Thanks guys for the fun night and goodbye present! 

No comments:

Post a Comment