Tuesday, January 10, 2012

And the Genius Continues...

Perhaps I have only myself to blame after my last post. I just had it coming for speaking so highly, and pretty much bragging up my son's intelligence. 
Today my son, Maddix, has moved into a new area of intellect. I don't know if I've mentioned that Maddix has learned how to open doors (just the ones with pull down handles, not the twisty ones). No longer can I just lay on his floor when i'm not feeling well and swoop in and out of consciousness while Maddix just plays quietly and safely in his room (come on parents, if you're being honest, we've all done it, Anyway...). Well I gave up that little beauty a few weeks ago and today I'm afraid I'm going to be giving up something else i've become quite accustomed to. But first, let me explain what he did TODAY:
Travis took a nap, which is out of the ordinary for him, when I was really wanting to get in the shower. Maddix has been teething and a little sick and because so... he's been extra whiny; so I just needed a moment to unwind. Thankfully, it was Maddix's nap time so I left Travis asleep and put Maddix in bed. While I was in the shower I kept hearing my dog chew on her racquetball and shoot it all around the hall. I just smiled and let the steam drowned out all my frustrations. After awhile the noise in the hall grew even louder and I could swear I was hearing a basketball, which isn't something my dog plays with. Starting to wonder what could possibly be going on during my alone time, I hopped out of the shower, and what did I find? MADDIX! 
Did Travis get him out of the crib? No. He was still asleep. So here was my son, with a little blood on his face, sitting in the hall with his basketball and Nala. Once I went into his room I saw his crib bumpers all scrunched up from where he used them as a stepping stool to climb out of his crib. He then fell flat on his face and bit his lip, explaining the blood, and then opened his door using his newly acquired door-opening skills to get himself into the hall. So, as we have it Maddix has made his first escape out of his crib and I fear the day he does it again. 
To show I'm not bitter I'm just going to post a few pics of the reasons I LOVE my little boy

No comments:

Post a Comment