Monday, January 2, 2012

First Time Joys

Ever since Maddix was born we have kept him on a pretty structured schedule what with regular nap times, eating, and an early bedtime. Well, he has always been such a good boy and loved his schedule; he still does. But today, it's me that mended his schedule a bit.
Tonight, while Daddy was having a boys night, Maddix and I had our dinner, had bath time, and then instead of going right to bed I put in a movie. I wrapped Maddix in a blanket, snuggled him on my lap, turned the light off and for the first time ever, Maddix just cuddled on my lap! He didn't try to get off my lap or ever leave me, he just cuddled. Every time I laughed at a part in the movie he would look up at me and then laugh as well; letting me know that he got the humor also :) 
When I put him in his crib he chose a stuffed animal from his assortment, layed down and told me, "night night." My heart melts every time that little boy speaks. Love him.

Perfection

1 comment:

  1. I sound like a schedule Nazi! We're not really that tight with things, but this was the first time he's ever cuddled with me without trying to leave!

    ReplyDelete