Saturday, January 7, 2012

Grateful for the power of the true gospel, and modern medicine.

Last night while at work I was sadly saying goodbye to all of my regulars when around 5:30pm I began to feel sick to my stomach. It was about 6:30 when my stomach wrenched into knots, and 7:00 when my fever began. At first I wondered, "could I be pregnant?!" But then it got worst and I began to wonder what I had eaten. Finally I had to turn over my entire section to a co-worker and sit down because I was feeling terrible! Thankfully I work with an aunt who always watches out for me and took me into the office to show my manager that I needed to go to the hospital. She called my parents to come pick me up (since I had the car) and shortly after my mom showed up with my dad and sister to take me and my car come to Travis. 
On our way home it occurred to me that it was my cyst that had ruptured again! My mom told me to roll the window down since a was feeling light headed, and it's a good thing she did because a few blocks away from the house I leaned out the window and began to throw up. My mom pulled over to the side of the road and I threw up all over someone's poor sidewalk; it wasn't until my 4th or 5th time that my mom directed me into the gutter. 
We got back to the house and before leaving I asked for a blessing. It was then that my dad and Travis gave me a wonderful blessing and I was able to avoid the hospital. I know that through the power of the Lord I have been healed much quicker than I could have. Today I woke up and spent the day on the couch, but I am feeling extremely better than yesterday. And then to top it off, since I just got my teeth taken out I already had some pain pills on hand so vua la, I am on my way to recovery! 

1 comment:

  1. Oh my gosh lace! How terrible! I'm so glad you're doing better now though. We need to talk soon. Call me!

    ReplyDelete