Saturday, April 7, 2012

3rd day of our German Adventure

Each day I'm waking up with a little less energy to make it through the day... and I think everyone else is feeling the same. Maddix slept in until 8:20am this morning and it was incredible, except I was up long before that because I can't sleep in anymore.

Today's journey led us into Berg Eltz: Home to a gorgeous castle! :) I told Travis after seeing it, I'm itching for some property, and the longer I stayed at the castle, the more it seemed to suit me! We took a tour there and took time walking all around the grounds. Maddix was a little exhaustive today with his constant whining, his 'give me give me' syndrome, and his overly tiredness. Plus just as we were about to start our tour of the castle Maddix peed through his diaper, soaking his pants and causing us to miss our tour and wait another 40minutes... then he whined and through a fit all through the castle; no surprise he fell asleep instantly when we got to the car. We were all so tired we drove through our next destination and didn't even get out because we were all napping in the car.

We finished our day out in Bern Kastel-Kues which was much different from the other German towns we've visited so far and I think it was my favorite; so of course the camera died right when we got there!!! Lacey and Troy took some photos for us but I don't have any of them for now :(. We enjoyed a restaurant called Italia Pizza where I ate my first Calzone, and then continued walking around enjoying all the sights... and the CLOSED shops for the Easter weekend (what a bust of a weekend to come in terms of people being out and shops being open).

At the end of the night we all wanted nothing more than to check into the hotel and relax for the evening, so when we pulled up to this iffy looking hotel in an iffy neighborhood... Troy and Lacey had some serious doubts, and Travis was feeling some pressure for having picked the hotel. :) oh boy. So it just got worse as the people led us out of the main building through a back door, into a parking corridore, into a building that looked like a parking garage, and then up four flights of stairs to our rooms. Uh huh, so we opened the room door and our tv is straight from the 70's; it is so fat and tiny that it's almost a joke and the rest of the room isn't much to report on. There was some debate on changing the hotel quickly, but in the end we set up shop and now Maddix has been running around like crazy all night. You'd think he'd crash but no. He's currently whining himself to sleep next to the bed.

I tell you what, he's a good baby; well behaved, smart, responsive, so cute that everywhere we go people just eat him up, BUT.... BUT... at the end of the day after you've carried this 30lb boy EVERYWHERE and changed I don't know HOW MANY leak through diapers (We did go buy some different and bigger ones today), and just put up with him screaming inches from your ear for hours I can't think of any parents out there who wouldn't be DONE WITH HIM for the night. I almost fear tomorrow and carrying him all over again. My arms or extremely tired. We planned on buying a stroller here since we couldn't get one in Lublin, but again, it's Easter weekend and every shop has been closed since we got here, so the carrying continues. And then to top it off my stupid camera bag had the WRONG cord in it so my camera is officially DEAD for the remainder of the trip!!! Sure we can get some with the Potter's camera but I'm still so sad.... sigh. I just need to go to bed, Madddix... go to sleep please:) We've had enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment