Sunday, April 1, 2012

~Conference is the WORST...... April Fools! Ha Ha, We LOVE it!~

Oh how I love conference weekend. I have two favorite times of the year and they're not Christmas or July 4th as some would think. It's actually the first weekend of April and October. Nothing makes me happier than getting ready for conference and really taking in the words of the Prophets and Apostles! So you won't be surprised that this conference has been on of my favorite of all...
Saturday's Session:
This is Maddix helping me prepare a list of questions we wanted addressed during conference... and enjoying some snacks.
It was very odd to wake up Saturday, knowing it was conference weekend, and that we still needed to go about our day BEFORE we watched conference. To be honest... I really liked it. I loved fully waking up, getting the house all in order, preparing a list of questions, listening to church hymns, and just fully preparing to receive our answers.

We were fortunate enough to have the Elders and an investigator (same one we had for dinner last week) come over for conference. We plugged one of our lap tops into the T.V. and streamed the online version, while we turned on our second lap top with some headphones and streamed the Polish audio so the investigator to watch the T.v. while hearing it in Polish. It was an incredible session. I had written down three questions and in the first two talks they were directly addressed, and one was answered almost word for word from what I'd written. Then we put Maddix to bed and prepared for the second session to begin (10:00pm-12:00am). I really enjoyed that session (Trav was out in the first 5mins) until the last 45mins hit and I was exhausted! But I made it....took care of something.... and went to bed.

Sunday's General Conference/ April Fool's
Trav woke up this morning and heard Maddix in the other room, as well as the sun beaming through the window. He looked at the phone and it said it was 4am. He was confused so I mumbled from my sleep, "What's the matter?" He was very confused so I added, "Just check the other phone." It again said 4am, and as we have no clocks in the apt he had to go off the phones:) he was so confused, and so BUGGED that the sun was up... waking up Maddix if it was still in the middle of the night and just stood there confused. APRIL FOOLS!! I'd switched the phones before bed ha-HA.
Oh I thought I was so clever. But then I looked out the window to see that Mother Nature pulled an even BETTER April Fool's joke:

We have snow. April Fools to all those who thought Spring was here.
I think maybe the Lord was just making it that much easier for us to stay home inside to watch Conference:) And to play as a family again while we waited for the next sessions to start:
Maddix had his first 'color on myself' moment today.. Can barely see it here

This is their new game that play. It leaves Maddix screaming " 'gain, a'gain!"
While Maddix took his nap we had the Elders back over for Priesthood session. At least that's what we planned, but the website was down for maintanence so we talked for awhile and then about an hour it was back up and we watched the priesthood session, and later Maddix joined us. After they left we played some more and talked to family.
So I folded up our bed into a couch for when the Elder's came over and moved on to cleaning another room and the realize Maddix had disappeared. I found him in the base of our futon, hiding:O) He thinks he's so cute; and he's completely right!


The Elders came back for the 3rd session. The investigator was going to come back with them, but he got in a car wreck (not major; fender bender) and so the four of us (and Maddix) enjoyed some more of conference and now as the last session is starting I'm torn between listening to it live and partaking of the spirit right now and saving it for Family Night tomorrow when I'm more awake; I think that's best.
Goodnight then. I hope this April Fool's Day/Conference Weekend has been everything you needed to be and that we can all be better people from it! Love Conference! Love it here in Poland. Love having the Elders over for Conference.

No comments:

Post a Comment