Monday, April 9, 2012

Easter Sunday& Last full day

Where to Start?
So much has happened in the last few days, most of it great, some of it scary; throw in lack of sleep and eating nothing but sugar and you get a catastrophic combination resulting in memory loss and brain farts.

Sunday/Easter:
We met up with a friend of Travis' that he helped convert while on his mission; he used to be a Catholic Monk and so I found him to be a man of very few words, however, very nice. He picked us up at the hotel and we went to church with him. It was a German ward.... with maybe a handful of Germans and then Americans as far as the eye could see (it was the airforce base ward :) Afterwards Christopher (Trav's friend) drove us all over the countryside and showed us some magnificent views of which I couldn't get pictures of thanks to my dead camera!
We picked Troy and Lacey up at the hotel and spent the rest of the day in Trier just sightseeing and the two highlights of the day were St. Paulin's Church & Mandersheid Castle. Pictures to come from Lacey's camera.

Monday:
We woke up early and made our drive to Southern Germany and visited Heidelberg & Rotenburg an der Talba. I wish we had had more time in Rotenburg, I think it was by far the the neatest of the towns. Although while we were in Heidelberg we hiked up to see another castle, and I think it had the most gorgeous grounds of all the castles. Overall the day was amazing and I wish we had had more time, more energy, more handle on where we were going, and more camera life to have really soaked in this last day of our trip! Tomorrow we fly to Zurick and layover for three hours and then fly back to warsaw on a 2hr flight... then a 3hr car ride back to Lublin... yuck. I do not look forward to tomorrow. Too bad it will be here in 5mins.

And sorry I did not post yesterday with better details of the day while they were fresh in my head. I had planned on posting, but I hopped on the internet to find some information that kept me on the phone for quite some time. My grandfather has suffered a heart attack and they had to put him in an induced coma. Blessedly things lined up just so that he's doing wonderfully considering... and my family reported everything should be fine:) Then... we received some other big news from a my dad about the health of a neighbor that just made my heart hurt. Thankfully we ended the night talking to my in laws who delivered some really good news and helped turn our night back around.
I'm so thankful for the internet so I can stay connected to my family!

No comments:

Post a Comment