Monday, April 16, 2012

~What an Awesome Monday~

I hope you all enjoyed yesterday's post from Travis, I know I sure did when I read it this morning. What a good husband he is.

For today:
This morning Maddix FINALLY slept in until 7:30am and it came at such a perfect time! But once he was up, he was not wanting to wait for breakfast. He went in the kitchen and tried to get his own food. After which he got himself into his chair all by himself and this is how I found him:

I received a call this morning informing me that one of our traveling partners was pretty sure they'd picked up bedbugs from our adventure to Germany and was wondering if we'd noticed anything; I haven't. They said that signs can occur up to 9 days after you've been bitten at which point you've probably brought them home with you and they've multiplied! Totally freaked out I began moving all the furniture into the middle of all the rooms and scrubbing the floors. I rewashed all the blankets and sheets and then THANKFULLY Becky called me to see if Maddix and I would like to come celebrate their son's birthday with them. Before we left, when Maddix and I took a break from cleaning we did enjoy our FIRST TIME of finger painting (with canned whip cream)

So Becky picked us up and we went for an hour drive to this spa/pool. This whole town is devoted to healing the body and all the water is mineral water; even the pond outside on the pool grounds was mineral water. When we got in there I was blown away. There was a whirl pool area where we played an alligator chase game, then the rest of the pool had massage areas. There were water jets giving everyone massages everywhere. Then there was the sauna we went and steamed in; which was amazing. Once we were done there we made some subs, and high-tailed it to Branch FHE... where we found the person that was supposed to be in charge was at the hospital for some reason, so we improvised:
LDS Pictionary Anyone?
We had so much fun this WHOLE day... but when I came home and saw all the chairs shoved in the hallway, the dishes piled in the kitchen, and the pile of laundry in my room I was reminded of what I neglected in order to have a fun day... I guess that's what I have to look forward to for tomorrow. And then I told Maddix to go his room to go to bed. The lights were off and I think he thought he could hide from me:
I flipped the lights on and he was giggling away! Oh that funny funny boy.
Well now I get to sleep with the idea that there are potential bedbugs just WAITING to come out as soon as I turn the lights off and feast on my flesh. Grr my imaginative mind! I think that I'm ridiculous and PRAY to high heaven that we do NOT have bedbugs!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment