Wednesday, April 11, 2012

~The Trip Home/Our first day home~

So in my last post I wrote about how I dreaded the trip home and I didn't want the morning to come... well I hopped into bed around 12am after doing that post and was back out of bed at 2am when Maddix rolled right out of his bed and began to cry. Then he was up every half hour crying over bad dreams and when I got out of bed to check him I found him on FIRE!

When 5am came I was only too ready for the morning and was sad that I would now be waking him up after he just fell asleep. At breakfast I couldn't get him to stop crying, but he was miserable. His fever was higher than I've ever seen, his cheeks and ears were extremely red, and his nose was running off of his face. To top it off he was shaking like a chiuaua and would NOT leave my side. Blessedly he slept through the flight to Zurick and we bought some more baby meds and some Swiss Milk. He barely got it down and just laid limp in my arms until we boarded the next flight. And then he slept that whole flight. He was a ball of figher, the meds didn't brake his fever. When we got home that night we tried to make him eat something before bed and when he finally agreed to eat one bite it hit his throat and he puked all over the plate. Over and over again. So at 7:45pm he finally stopped shaking and fell asleep....

... this morning he woke up at 7am, drank an entire sippy of water then tucked himself back into bed and woke up at 10am! That's only because Travis woke him up.
After him tossing all night, I finally just got in bed with him
Today he's been better, up and down, passed out on the couch for a bit, and is now feeling better, so he's refusing to sleep because it feels good to be awake:) It's funny he's either been extremely under the weather and wanting nothing more than to cuddle with us


 or he's kept dragging me to the door to go. He's so used to waking up and just going that now I don't know if he'll adjust to being back! He did get out on a walk to the store which I was lucky enough to have Travis with me for because that's when he got sick again. I'm so sad to have him go back to school again, BUT I will have my hands full cleaning up from being gone... and FIGHING THE BUGS. Found a silverfish and a moth in the MY room!

And Travis pointed out that he has 2 weeks in class to really study hard then he has a week off in May for May Celebration, and then back to school for another 5 weeks of school and then he's done with this semester and we come home; we even have to purchase our tickets back in the next week or so! I tell you what, I love being here so much, but I am SO EXCITED to come home for awhile! I have a HUGE list of things to do!

No comments:

Post a Comment