Sunday, April 15, 2012

Sunday from Travis

So Lacey hasn't really slept in the last two days, thus I will be writing the blog for the day.  We began this raining spring day by attending ward conference, which was amazing.  We had between 40-50 people at church, so it was a majorly packed house.  There literally wasn't an empty seat in church.  Lacey received her second calling in the branch; Institute teacher.  I gave a short talk on tithing and besides the bishop was the only non-stake person to give a talk.  We had 7 people who were visiting church for the first time.
  After church we had a branch lunch which was quite tasty.  Lacey cooked up a lasagna and made a fruit salad.  Since our branch has people from all over the world we had a crazy potluck with all different types of foods.  It was very tasty and we enjoyed it tremendously.  
Becky Meacham wants to travel around Europe a little bit before they move to their next location,  so they invited Lacey and Maddix ato go travel around Prague, Berlin, Holland and go back to Aachen for a little while. (Lucky them) The Meachams and Lacey are really excited for this next adventure and I have to admit that I am just a tad bit jealous.  Oh well, I guess I got to experience Europe for two years already, so I just have to buck up and enjoy my schooling experience!  That is the reason that I am here after all.
This evening we had the Elders and Pavlo over for dinner.  We made pancakes together and shared some laughs and had a nice lesson about faith and how the answers we get to our prayers help us to grow.  It was really great and the spirit was awesome.  
To end the night Lacey was on her way to go to sleep and had to stop to take a picture of Maddix and me, who were watching some country music videos that had lots of cool trucks in them. (As seen in the picture below)
 Well I got to hit the hay, so I can be up bright and early to get back into the study swing of things.  Lacey will be back on blog patrol tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment