Friday, March 30, 2012

TGIF... Almost

This morning I woke up and didn't even realize it was Friday. Perhaps THIS week has gone by the fastest of all our weeks here. It's hard to think we've been here almost two months. And so, once I realized today was the weekend I was extremely excited for the day. I even woke up to Maddix playing with a new toy that came inside of one of our Kinder Eggs
A kinder egg is a hollow chocolate egg with a toy inside. And this toy is a 3-wheeled toy with a sail that you blow into to make it move... He got the hang of it. 

Travis went to his classes while Maddix and I did some exercising. I love when he actually does the work outs with me. Then we waited to go swimming only to receive a text that the day plans would be different. I was sort of glad because I was feeling off today.
Instead we went to the Mecham's and made some homemade fudge for our Conference and Dessert party Travis, Maddix, and I are having with the Elders and one of the investigators and helped them get ready for their weekend trip. When we got home I was feeling even worse.
I made dinner, Minestrone Soup. It's a recipe that I've been extremely excited for, but with my stomach off tonight, it tasted awful (Travis loved it).
I came into the room tonight snacking on my dried peaches to try and settle my stomach and told Travis that even my peaches tasted off with my stomach upset. Travis ate one and looked into the tub... "Well I think they're bad." SO... I think I've been eating bad dried fruit and now I have, I don't know, food poisoning? It's no fun. Stupid Polish standards on food being so low. Well that ruined our Friday night Party plans... if we'd had any.

THEN to end the night I went into the the bathroom to get ready for bed, only to find a giant puddle on the floor and a nauseatingly overpowering smell wafting into the hall. Come to find out somehow our airfreshener got a hole punctured in the bottom of it and the ENTIRE full can is now fuming up our apartment. So now I feel like I'm getting high... and I want to vomit. Why would people purposely choose to stiff fumes? Seriously? What morons! I probably could've written more interesting things about the day, but I am about to pass out from this smell. Time to open more windows!

No comments:

Post a Comment