Friday, March 9, 2012

The belly rules the mind. ~Spanish Proverb

Food is the root of all evil.

I said I would post a picture of how the casserole turned out after losing power during the cooking process... and it turned out pretty well. All except that is was my first time cooking with Cabbage. Oh you remove the heart? It was a little crunchier than it needed to be but it still tasted good.

Also, did you notice the flowers in the background?! I found out the secret behind all the women carrying around the... tulips (duh, that's what type of flower it was): It Was Women's Rights Day. And my lovely husband brought me home some of the beautiful flowers and then we started a new tradition of watching Mamma Mia (if you listen to the music, it was perfect for Women's rights). Whether he knew it when he did it, he started a new tradition and I expect yellow tulips and Mamma Mia every March 8th from here on out.
It would've been cool also because yesterday Lacey and Troy had invited me to go to a 7hr day spa, all expenses paid, plus money for a babysitter so we could celebrate our rights to be pampered if I could find a sitter for Maddix... obviously I didn't find one.

Well for today's happenings: We ate all day. Oh excuse me, I ATE ALL DAY. Just all day.
Seriously, you can judge now; judge away.
I set out to make a new recipe, Baked Broccoli Macaroni and Cheese. Well because I snacked all day, by the time it finished, I was full. So we ate it for dinner as well. Besides missing two or three steps of salt and peppering it tasted great. Really, when we peppered it on our own it was quite tasty.

Well Maddix had a very rough day where it took most the day getting him to nap but tonight when Travis came home we accompanied him and his classmate, John, to the decatholon sporting goods store over at our Mall. We bought me a work out mat because Travis is tired of the bruises on my hips from working out on the wood floor. We also bought the tension bands, a full size soccer ball for Maddix, a swim suit for me, tiny bottoms for Maddix, and some disposable swim diapers... all for $68.00. Love Poland.
Aren't those little shorts so cute?! And ridiculous at the same time.
Okay and even cuter than his swim suit Maddix has picked up on a few of my P90 X moves and has started doing this march where he puts his arms out and tries to touch his knees to his hands and walks around the room. It's so funny but I love it. And today he further impressed me... he did his first push up. And now he does them all the time.
We're still enjoying ourselves, and trying to move forward. Becky has invited us to go swimming with her and her kids on Fridays (hence the suits), extended her daughter's babysitting abilities for if Travis and I want a date night, or if we want to go out with her and Pres. Mecham, she has informed us that they do game nights on Sunday nights that we're always invited too, and next week she asked if we'd want to go see The Hunger Games! So the Lord has blessed me with coming to a European country that seems almost Americanized. He has also seen fit to send us The Potters, and the Mecham's who offer us so many options that are easing us into having no family here. I couldn't be anymore blessed.

And to top it off... I have a running partner! Now that the weather has warmed up John, The classmate previously mentioned, has expressed the desire to run at 6am every morning and wondered if anyone else would like to join him... no one said yes, so I'm going too. His dad is a Police officer and taught him all the take downs and he's also very tall so I don't have to be afraid, and well Travis doesn't have to worry about anything happening because I'm not his TYPE....................................... (he's gay).
So Yee ha, let the running commence.
:)

No comments:

Post a Comment