Thursday, March 1, 2012

What a Silly March 1st with my Maddix

Today being Thursday, it was Travis' long day at school where he leaves at 7:00am and doesn't come home until 8:30pm at night, so it was definitely just Maddix and I together today, and when he wasn't being cranky we were having fun being silly together.
Maddix had a chicken quesodilla, while I had some fajita salad type meal

Big boy reading a chapter book in his big boy bed
 So then after his nap time we started playing this funny game where he'd disappear into the curtains, and then come running at me while I hid my face and before I knew it he was hiding his face (the pic didn't turn out very well)
Then we played hide and seek in the window sill. He would prompt me to ask where he went to by saying, "go?" and I had to follow up with a, "Where did Maddix go?" And so on and so forth
ha Ha, Where did he go?

Ope, there he is!
So then tonight while Maddix was napping I had a really scary event where, once again earlier today I had a man ask me to page him in around the same time as normal and I just pretended I didn't understand what he was saying, but anyway, tonight I was startled from the dead silence when a loud drilling noise was coming from my ceiling by my front door. I peeked out and saw my older neighbor couple going into their apartment and clearly wondering what the noise was as well. 

I put my hand on the wall and thought for sure someone was purposely drilling through my wall to come get us because we never open our door. Once again this mind of mine was freaking out. It kept going for awhile and I decided I had to make a friend in the building so I could have someone to go to when I was this freaked out. Honestly it was just me being scared, but I literally had the elders number, the bishops number, and 911's number all pulled up because I thought at any moment my ceiling was going to give through and someone was going to burst in and take me like in TAKEN! I will not watch that movie while I'm here alone.

So get to know a neighbor is just what I did. After the drilling noise stopped I translated a letter through google and went across the hall with some cookies. I handed the note and the cookies to the sweet couple, super nervous, and they just rambled to me in Polish and then I picked up that they said to wait and they would send a letter back to me to translate in my computer; and before I left they sent me home with two large slices of  a Polish dessert

Just a little bit later they brought a note and it read their names, to not open the door to any strangers here in Poland, and that they would be keeping an eye on us. That if we needed anything to just come over. and fill free to leave more notes for translation:) So now I have a friend in the building.

Yellow Potato Salad
Thankfully dinner was easy since I started to late after the whole drilling scare. I got it all cleaned up quickly and was so excited to crawl into Maddix's big bed with him, have him cuddle on my lap and read two chapters of Winnie the Pooh. Right as we finished Travis came home and tucked him into bed and now we're just wrapping the night up before we have to start another day in a few short hours. Boy time flies.
p.s. for the first time in my whole life I have biceps! Seriously, every time I pass the mirror I have to stop and admire my little gun collection I'm starting.
So is this what it feels like to be Larisa?

No comments:

Post a Comment