Friday, March 23, 2012

A Day with the Mecham's

Well, it's official: I don't think I'll ever love another ward the way I love this ward. Each and every member here has such a special roll they play here in establishing the Gospel in Poland, as well as the special roll they are playing in my life in helping me be here.
While Travis is studying his days away and taking tests through the nights, Maddix and I enjoyed a day with the Mecham's.
This morning started with a swim at the pool. One of these times I am going to figure out how on earth to get a picture of this place because it is amazing. Maddix did great. He is growing in confidence more and more each time and today when he fell face first under the water he didn't panic or cry as long after as I thought he would.
We returned home where he went down for a very long nap. Then we went and played at the park:
Enjoying the teeter totter 
First time at the Park on Castle grounds



So this little boy kept trying to play with Maddix. This is him trying to get the sand out of his hair. Later they teeter tottered.. .then he kept squeezing Maddix's hand real hard and I wanted to jump in and break it up. Maddix kept saying, "get off, get off," and "mom! Mom!" Once he pulled himself free he turned to the boy and said, "NO!" while slapping him in the chest... it was hard for me to scold him for hitting on that one.  
A little soccer time

Running around
After all our park time we returned to the Mecham home where we took Negra for a walk to another park just near their home:
Negra kept walking next to Maddix and trying to lick his face

I liked this pathway that led straight from the park to their house.  
After our walk I agreed to stay at the Mecham's while they went out to dinner and the kids and I stayed behind to play games and eat Pizza. We put on Cars 2 for Maddix and my over stimulated/ extremely tired little boy sat in a pile of blankets and tried not to fall asleep. When they returned we all headed to my apartment to put Maddix to bed, set the kids up with some movies on our computer, and then Pres Mecham/Becky, and Travis/ and I geared up to go see Hunger Games! As I was getting in the fridge to get Maddix some Milk and I noticed a faint smell. I picked the carton of milk up and it bowed in from the pressure shifting around. When I opened it... it sort of smelled off. I opened our other milk and the smell overpowered me. I opened another milk and it was bad as well. I looked at the celery and it was rancid... I think I lost quite a bit of items in my fridge and I don't know why. It's like everything in my door is nearly ruined. I will investigate it in the morning because I don't think I can stomach the smell of any of it tonight... frustrating.
Hunger Games, however, was incredible. Very much worth the wait. Very much lived up to all my expectations. We even enjoyed some Italian Ice just before the movie. I love that in Poland we got to go see a movie in English (Polish Subtitles), in really comfy seats, on an I-Max screen, with assigned seating, and little crowd, on a Friday night for $6.00 a ticket.I think that was first time every going to a movie on a Friday night; ever. It was Sweet.
It was a great day, and tomorrow Travis gets to go with Pres Mecham to go take place in a baptism:) He's really excited.
G'night!

1 comment:

  1. I'm so glad you have friends and people you love and who love you, and that are able to help you/ you help them. What a great support and blessing!

    That's weird about the fridge..

    Okay so I think we are all going to go see Hunger Games on Monday night. I CANNOT WAIT!!! I just read the book a few weeks ago in preparation. I'm now reading the second. They are amazing! Oh and did you hear they are making The Host into a movie?

    We need to talk soon!

    ReplyDelete