Sunday, March 4, 2012

A Gathering of the Saints to Warsaw, Poland

We have been so blessed to partake in a once of a life time opportunity to gather with all the saints of Poland to Warsaw, Poland (like the Salt Lake of Utah, but much grander and larger and has the Worlds largest Mall) to here Elder Todd D. Christopherson come and speak to the members of Poland.
The Preparation:
So this is terrible. I had a gorgeous picture of Maddix, instead of me, but this is what happened. I had Maddix in the tub getting squeaky clean for the conference and I was doing my hair when Maddix decided to close the doors... I let it be. UNTIL I heard him slip, opened the door, and found him COVERED in, as well as EATING the bar of soap. I was editing the soapy pic to make it appropriate and it DELETED :(. But it was so funny.
The Arrival:
We skipped the train ride because Travis ended up unable to come with us and rode with the Potters
Troy and Lacey took Maddix and I to lunch at this gorgeous little Polish Restaurant
Maddix thoroughly enjoyed the i-pad the WHOLE conference; not just lunch
After Lunch we went exploring the main square in Old Town Warsaw
then later that night we attended the first session of our weekend conference; didn't really catch much

Main Square

Chasing birds
Where we had lunch

There was art stands all over the place


He turned to Lacey and said, "hand" and they walked all around


Gorgeous church we explored through but most my pics didn't turn out!
We had so much fun walking around for the afternoon. Then on the way back our car we read the story on this church above as well as the soldier photo. Back in WW 2 this Catholic church had been overtaken and made a headquarters for the soldiers and 15,000 Polish police officers and soldiers died so they engraved all their names on the walls and built the monument in front of the grave yard
THEN on the way out... we found these tacky euro art. I just don't get it
then later that night we attended the first session of our weekend conference; didn't really catch much of it because we got there late... couldn't find a seat. They placed us maybe 10ft from the front stage and the second we got settled in you could hear this ringing picking up through the translators mic sitting next to me. I dug my bag out from under my chair, through Maddix into Lacey's arms, and ran out to answer a phone call from Travis.
Today, this morning, we were honored to listen to many words on the Holy Ghost and then afterward Elder Christopherson extended an invitation to shake the hands of every child in the room (which allowed the parents up there as well). It was wonderful to meet him, his wife, and the other speakers. There was a German Gentlemen who spoke, and then spoke with Travis and demanded he teach me German because someday we would easily be called as mission pres. in Germany and we need to be prepared...
We even met some Elders who knew Bryce real well and said to tell him hello.

What a wonderful Experience. Wish I could've got some pictures of the actual conference.

No comments:

Post a Comment