Wednesday, March 28, 2012

March 28, 2012

Tuesday: Well, Travis headed to school still in the midst of his grueling midterms and Maddix and I prepared to go grocery shopping with Becky. I had a ring from the doorbell and this normally freaks me out. It's not such a shock these days as it happens SO often. I wasn't planning on anyone coming. I said a quick prayer to know whether or not I should open the door and I got a strong resolve that I should. I'm so glad I did. It was the sweetest older man who was here to take measurements to order knobs for our heaters!! Hurray! He spoke just enough English, I spoke just enough Polish that we got the measurements done and set up time for him to come and fix the heaters tomorrow! I'm SO ecstatic to have them turned off!

So we then made our way to the store with Becky and it wasn't one of the most pleasant of trips. Maddix was so cranky and whiny. Although our bill was much cheaper because the produce has plummeted in price thanks to the farmers markets opening up! I love that produce is in season now. So I was leaving Maddix with Becky for a moment while I ran to another isle when I felt prompted to move him from where he was. I didn't listen soon enough. I literally brushed off the prompting and then realized I needed to listen to it, but it was too late. I turned around to hear the shattering noise of a large green olive jar, and then saw Maddix smiling up at me. Ah! He is driving me CRAZY this past week! I don't know if I'll survive the terrible twos! That was just the tip of the shopping experience... it just got more stressful from there. But the end of the night was a make up for it.

That night we had our first YW/YM activities!!
Yes, we have one young woman, and one young man (soon to be two! We have a boy who is being baptized in a week or so). Travis and MikoĊ‚aj (Meek-oh-eye) stayed at the church (church as in we have a flat in a building that has three rooms, a kitchen, and a bathroom. This is where we have sacrament and Sunday school) to plan out how they wanted to do their activities, as well as to just try and explain what on earth Young Men's is even about. This is the first Mutual Organization to be introduced to the Lublin Branch and we are blessed enough to help establish it. Meanwhile us girls went to the Mecham's and watched the YW broadcast. Then afterward we ended up just having an old fashion gab session until late into the night. Can't remember the last time I stayed up late just talking.
Today was... well... it was pleasant until Maddix Jeckle decided to replace Maddix Hide and he turned into the terrible two monster. We cleaned, DEEP cleaned today because I found two LARGE silverfish in the bathroom last night and that's always my push to have a cleaning day. Later I tried to get him outside because it was sunny and we're expected to have rain for the next week but once we got outside that's when Maddix made the switch. He ran through piles of poop, through the soccer ball into the gutter full of muck, and screamed "NO!" repeatedly when I tried to keep him in a safe area. Oh he also kicked his shoe off before running through the poo. So I told him he lost the right to be outside, that it was time to go it. On the way in there was this dirty puddle and I was carrying a very dirty soccer ball (which he managed to smear all over his clothes) so my hands were full and I knew what he was thinking. I told him nicely to stay out of it. He continued to close in on it. So I sternly told him basically, "DON'T-YOU-DARE..." We locked eyes and the challenge was on. You can guess what he chose. It resulted in a smacked bottom and me grabbing him to go back inside. Meanwhile He's screaming, "NO! No mommy NO!" And all the people are looking at me like I can't control this baby... which is why it's stupid to have children anyway; duh. Let me just tell you, we were only outside 10 minutes, and this was sort of a bad turning point for us through the rest of the day. We did not get a long with each other and I can't tell if he doesn't understand some of the things I tell him/ ask him, or if he just doesn't respect me because he listens when Travis puts his foot down... but ohhhh noooo, noooo mommy can get seriously angry and stern but it has no affect on him. GRR! This is NOT a fun stage. 
A few of the Good Moments we had with each other:
Being my helper with the dishes while I'm doing dinner
Spinach Tortellini (It turned out so much better this time)

At first he was hiding. Then he realized it sort of echoed inside the bucket , so he decided to sing
And essentially that was our day. Onto the next. Thursdays... yuck. Probably my least favorite day of the week now a days. 
Goodnight. 

1 comment:

  1. Funny, Thursdays were one of my least favorite also, because it was Taylor's longest school day.

    Today was definitely a day confirming Mercedes' age of 2 years. I'm just glad it's the main reason WHY they are so frustrated at this age.

    I love how Maddix has a dish towel over his shoulder while he's helping you with the dishes!

    ~Loves!

    ReplyDelete