Saturday, March 17, 2012

~~~HaPpY St. PaTrIcK's DaY~~~~

Pre-post: I completely forgot to write two of the funniest things Maddix did yesterday. One: when we were coming home from our walk, there was a group of 4 or 5 girls speaking English and they were cute. Maddix thought so at least. He instantly released my hand and ran right into the middle of them. He said, "hey," and proceeded to give them hi-fives. THEN he wrapped his arm around one of the girls legs and started hugging her while waving 'hi' to the rest of the group :) What a lady's man. Then number TWO: It's a long story but my realtor was coming over to finish fixing the sink and I had the silly feeling to place my scriptures on our little entrance stand where he would see them since we've mentioned before that we're Mormon. Well he showed up with a friend and went to work fixing the sink. While I was picking up the front room I heard a, "what is this?" I peeked in the hall and Maddix was handing the scriptures to the friends who flipped in open back and forth before handing it back to me. You go get 'um Elder Maddix.

okay! So for Today, as stated before: Happy St. Patrick's day; and what a beautiful one it was. We were actually 52degrees today and the sun was shining with out a single cloud in front of it. We live on the south-east and south west corner of the building so we have two extra windows and I LOVE all the light we get all day long.
After Maddix's nap Travis took a break from studying and we all went for a walk to find a Doner (Duner) for lunch sine I've been craving one for awhile.  While we were out we ended up exploring some more of the area in our neighborhood.
The man to the right of Travis was this street violinist and he was playing the most beautiful classical pieces that just set the mood for the whole street and we couldn't help but put some money his case. A few blocks later, it was the same story with a young man playing the accordion; it felt like we were walking through some cobble stones streets of Italy. I love when people actually earn the money instead of hassling you for it!
Kisses for the goat
At the castle
The Lion
We had so much fun walking around. And there were couples all over the castle grounds today. It was like a movie when the single girl looks around and sees only couples as far as the eye can see and they're all being cute, making out, or taking mushy pictures together. Glad I'm not single. But even more disturbing than all that, I saw some very old, very saggy, very wide old woman standing inside some door with her shirt pulled all the way up examining herself in the reflection... I think she forgot that we could all see her on the other side.... gag. Even after that sight though we still managed to go and get our first Polish ice cream cones (inspired by EVERYONE walking around with them). They were very tasty with the strawberry sauce drizzled on top. After that we wrapped up our outing and made our way home where Maddix had fun running and chasing me up the sidewalk
Then for dinner we celebrated the day by eating all green foods. Little did Maddix know that his drink we devoured was chalk full of spinach underneath everything else coating the taste:)
Hope you caught that little Leprechaun today and found the luck 'o the Irish! And if you happened to find his pot of Gold could you share some?! Because today I was on pinterest looking up new recipes for next week and I found this:
If there were anything I could do (aside from selling Maddix) to get this... I would do it. But it's like 80 pounds=$110 dollars........ SO... if found that gold... :) You know how to reach me.
Happy Day, and hope you wore green!

1 comment:

  1. Lacey you lucky woman, your legs go on forever! And I have pinned that sweater on pinterest too, it is beautiful. I'm glad to hear that your not always in an ice box over there!

    ReplyDelete