Monday, March 12, 2012

What a Day, What a Day.

I wish I didn't always save the blog until the last thing I do at night. All day I think of things I want to record; funny things, heart warming things, even interesting things. And by the time I get to this point, My eyes are half way open, Travis is snoring away next to me and I'm not too sure my sentences even make sense. So some things to mention quickly:
  • Today Trav said, " 'Sup Maddix?" And Maddix said, "Sup." Hilarious
  • He now likes to eat his pretzels all at once like a big fat cigar, instead of one at a time
  • Maddix is now calling his blanket, "puppy?"
  • He sees us getting ready for prayer and says "knee" then gets on his knees for prayer
  • Recently discovered the sound of his voice reverberating over the google chat and loves to use "Garette's" name as the word he shouts to hear his echo. 
  • Today Maddix ran in place with me, grabbed his blanket and used it as a mat, put it next to mine and worked out, and also did some jumping exercises. Each day he picks up a new move.
  • Maddix's leather jacket is missing :( 
  • Maddix grabs the paper from the drawer, points to the colored pencils that he hasn't eaten yet and asks, "Cully?" (Cuh-lee) for can I color. 
 Started the day out with a mini run at 6am. My running partner makes me feel good about myself because for the first time, I'm the more in shape runner. After all the morning workouts and play time Maddix and I had Travis came home for lunch. I had been in the kitchen with Maddix sitting on a chair, wrapped in a few blankets while he woke up from his nap.
 
 Travis called me into the next room. Maddix let out a needy scream a minute later; I told him to hold on. He continued on, calling me to come NOW. When I went in I found him standing in a puddle of pee, the chair and both blankets covered in pee, and his diaper slid off to the side just enough that it left a gap for everything to come pouring out.

It was good, he needed a bath anyway, and his blanket was due to be washed.
So... then later, I'm doing dishes and cleaning up lunch and heard a thud. My sink often pops around with the temp change so I thought nothing of it and continued on with my dishes. Minutes later I realized my feet were filling a bit chilly and wet. I looked down and noticed my kitchen floor was layered in about 4inches of water.
 I don't know if you can see the white pipes under the sink in the right of this picture are unconnected. The middle piece decided to fall off, hence the thud, and all my dishes water went right on out, hence the lake in my kitchen.

It was a blessing though, it forced me to pull the cupboards and the stove away from the wall and gain a winning hand on the bug fight! Which I have been LOSING lately. Twice I have ran into the bathroom in the middle of the night without doing my routine flip on the light, check the floor, then enter the bathroom and I've just run in drowsely and looked down to see silverfish at my feet. Grr they make me so mad. SO there is no more mold, old food, or hiding bugs in my kitchen. I THINK I've gained the upper hand there. So although it took 2 1/2 hrs to clean up, it was a blessing. And it was such a blessing that this little critter stayed put almost the whole time.
Special Thank You to Disney's Pixar for creating Cars and Cars 2
The whole night just got really hectic and I almost backed out of going to our very first Ward Family night. BUT, I braved up, called a taxi, wrote the church address on a piece of paper to give the cabi in hopes that he'd get me there, and left poor Travis no dinner to come home too. I really did feel bad.

So glad we went to the family night. We did a fear factor style family night and it ended up being a real blast. Everyone loved Maddix. It was hilarious, when the Elders walked in they made their way around the room shaking everyone's hand. As soon as they sat down Maddix hopped off the chair and instantly started shaking everyone's hands, arm outstretched and palm open:) I really enjoyed the night and everyone took turns feeding Maddix some snacks from the games like a wandering pigeon in the park. Such a nut. Then there were a ton of lemons left over so I took some for our wash, but we did spare one for Maddix since he asked so nicely for a bite.
WhAt A bItTeR SwEeT DaY :)

1 comment:

  1. HA that is such a great picture of Maddix eating the lemon!

    What a bummer about the water, but what a nice thing to get an upper hand on the bug fight!

    ReplyDelete