Thursday, March 15, 2012

March 15, 2012

Today.
Today just started on the wrong foot when Travis informed me he was taking the hard drive (which contains all or movies) with him for the day to download notes onto. This meant I couldn't do my morning workout. Fine. Whatever.

This gave Maddix and I extra time together, and I was feeling a little sluggish anyway. So instead we took our time on breakfast. I stripped him down and I let him feed his oatmeal to himself... which obviously meant he had a bath next. We colored. We read books. Oh, we just had so much fun I almost didn't want to put him down for his nap which had to be anytime.... hmm, it was only 8:40am. We still had another hour. Although I have to mention that while in the tub, Maddix tried to comb his hair
With my raiser. That would be his hair in there

Usually that hour was spent with the two of us working out together.
FINALLY, his nap came. I wasn't feeling too well today, just fatigued, and all I wanted to do was take a nap. Maddix fell asleep around 10:30 and I went shortly after that. Shortly after that, Travis knocked on the door. This woke me up. This woke Maddix up. Neither of us were ready to be up, but neither of us went back to sleep. This added more time onto the day that I had to come up with things for us to do. So we:
Built a fort. Complete with cars area, sports area, and reading lounge

They just keep getting bigger

First entrance into the fort. He thought it was pretty cool

But while I was reading him a book I began to doze off and he yelled, "mommy!" I jumped awake and he laughed. This continued on where each jump start awake he would laugh even harder and I realized I had to get moving. So we:
Went for a walk and played soccer in a courtyard

Then he kicked the ball down a steep slope and I sprinted after it. Barely caught it at the edge of the sidewalk

Soccer is lame compared to a good dirt pile you can play in and lay in
It got cold fast. So we went home shortly after.
From there we played in the fort some more and re read the same books for the gazilianth time. While he napped, I watched a movie because I once again had a chill and that means being wrapped in a blanket. :)  From there we:
Had dinner.

In the fort (since daddy wasn't home), while watching BOLT; which was a hit with Maddix.

We finished dinner, turned off the movie, read two night time books, sang a few songs, and said our prayers. But I think he just fell asleep like a half hour ago. Now that he's asleep I'm going to head that way myself.
Goodnight.

2 comments:

  1. Lace you're such a good mom, seriously! You are so creative at it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you much, but you are mistaken, Maddix is creative :) I just try to keep up ha ha! Miss you guys!

    ReplyDelete