Friday, March 2, 2012

~I can't decide if today was the LONGEST day, or if it went by FAST~

As you can see by the title of the post, today was quite a long day, and yet, it feels like it went by so fast. I think I've decided that it was this way because when the moments weren't the best... they were awful. But when they were good, they were so great. Here were some highlights from the day:
He REFUSED to nap today. I could hear him constantly getting out of bed to grab new toys to play with and after awhile I just said to Heck with it. By the time I went in to free him from trying to nap that's what I found. He fell asleep mid push of the car. He had several other toys strewn around him:)
Then for lunch, THIS Is what Travis made for me. I didn't have to cook AND I got a piece of Disney Land in my lunch... and I didn't cook:)
Then tonight I was sitting in the window sill taking a break from Maddix and his teething tirade I caught two wonderful sites. 1: This beautiful sunset and 2: My cute little hubby walking up the sidewalk looking into the apartment to see me taking his picture.
And then another highlight of the night was dinner which was leftovers! Again, no cooking. Now I like to cook, but I don't like doing dishes all day. We don't have a dishwasher and our hot water is a tricky process. When the sink won't warm up I have to turn it up, go to the bathroom and flip the sink on... then the pilot light will flip on. So then I go back to the kitchen and turn up the water to keep the heater on. Turn the sink off in the bathroom and viola: Warm water for the dishes. BUT then there is the fact that the knobs are broken on the kitchen sink so it's a tricky process. The cold water is extremely tight; it's easy to turn on but you have to use a hot pad with padding to turn it tight enough to turn it off. The hot water is the WORST. The knob often slips off entirely and I can't turn the water off so I have to shut off the hot water valve and the main control... ANYWAY, it was nice to not cook today:)
And then to end the night, we had one of those moments that was making the day drag on. During all of dinner Maddix screamed, cried, kept hopping off his chair, spitting his food out, hiding his face from the spoon in Travis' hand, and then he even fell off his chair smacking his head hard on the ground. If this child makes it to Three with no brain damage I will thank the heavens!
Today was just one of those days.... I really didn't know what to do with this boy.

No comments:

Post a Comment