Thursday, March 22, 2012

A Fast Week

Wasn't I just posting about my amazing weekend? Isn't Tomorrow Friday and it's the weekend all over again? Man this week went by so so fast. So a quick breakdown:
Monday: Swimming and Grocery shopping. That pretty much took up the WHOLE day. Lucky for Maddix Bailey (my young woman in the ward) volunteered to babysit him and he got to go and play with their neighbor's black lab, Negra.
Cleaning up after our swim
Tuesday: Clean, Clean, Cleaned! All day long. We partied so hard over the weekend that without a dishwasher or a drier, the house sort of fell apart. So I started at 7am and finished that evening
See, the sun was setting over my clean kitchen
I finished just in time to go do my young women's lesson as well as have dinner with the Mecham's. Travis was kind enough to take Maddix out back to play with the dog while us girls did our lesson, then we had tostadas for dinner!
Wednesday: Lazy Day because I wasn't feeling well, it was raining out, and we received some pretty bad information about our student loans... but I will explain that later when we have more information. Just know that for now we're fine and the Lord is blessing us with the calm assurety that everything will turn out fine.
Maddix found ways to entertain himself by doing pull-ups using our heating bar:) They were legitimate pull-ups too!
Thursday: Took it easy, but did some cleaning, read a lot of books, & took care of some financials on the computer. So our computer has been running hot and we've been propping it up on things for air flow...
... today I used my phone to prop it up, and this is what I found after. I also walked up to the REAL carrying Maddix the entire time there and back because we were in a hurry, and met a new friend on the way home. Her name was Claudia (Clowdia). She was just this little girl, probably 10 yrs old, who was walking up ahead of us when she heard Maddix being loud. Finally she just stopped walking and waited for us to catch up. Once we caught up she came and walked side by side with me. She was adoarable; honestly my first impression was that she was a little angel. She just had a light about her. I asked her in Polish if she spoke any English and she shook her head no. I told her I only understood a little Polish and she just smiled at me. We didn't talk, but she just stared and smiled at Maddix and I like she knew us, or knew something about us, or I just don't know.... she just made us an impression on me. When he got to the point where we were going different directions I told her goodbye and watched her walk behind a wall. I waited to cross the road and peeked back to find her still watching us from around the corner. She jumped and giggled when we made eye contact then waived goodbye and disappeared.
So then we had dinner:
We had Broccoli and Chicken Alfredo Fettuccine on Wheat Noodles and the sauce contained no milk, heavy cream, or butter. Go figure.
When Travis finally got home tonight Maddix and I had been having a rough last few hours and I couldn't bare him any longer. I begged Travis for a moment which he kindly gave me and I went for a walk. When I came home I found my boys wrestling to loud grungy music. Travis was trying to get Maddix's energy out for me. Then after dinner I had a dirty kitchen to clean and Travis was missing Maddix so he took his first turn reading him his bedtime stories.
My how time flies...
 I was so touched listening to them read and how Travis would get a kick out of the parts in the Books that Maddix would react too, parts that I've grown used too. He really is so interactive with these stories. He's so smart.
So smart that he's recently decided he doesn't like his diapers. So one thing we purchased at the store today was a potty training seat to put up on the toilet seat. My goal for the next while is to just get him used to sitting on it. He freaked out at first but would calm down as I distracted him. Wouldn't that cool if we moved out of diapers?

We can dream:)

1 comment:

  1. I about died when i saw the two photos of Travis reading to Maddix. He was so tiny!

    ReplyDelete