Thursday, March 29, 2012

ReAdY or nOt HeRe I CoMe

It seemed like today everyone/thing was operating on a hide and seek timeline. The weather for one, was extremely odd. We joked that the Lord was trying to answer everyone's prayers concerning the weather... looks like someone prayed for a little snow, sleet, hail, rain, extreme winds, and beautiful sunshine because we got it all and in 2 minute intervals. Finally the sun stayed long enough to entice Maddix and I out for a walk... then we got stuck in a short rain for a couple of minutes. Right when we got home it started to hail again. Weird.

Travis also made random and quick appearances in and out of the house today. He kept forgetting all his books and coats and would only come in for maybe.. 2 minutes at a time. Funny.

And then there was Maddix's first real game of Hide and seek! I SO enjoyed it! He loved to look for me and would start shouting my name when it was taking too long. He's still learning however; every time I told him to hide I would say, "ready or not here I come..." and he would run into the hall laughing. I didn't even care, it was just fun to have a new game. We also rough housed, read some books, played this funny screaming game, played superheros, and then colored while watching t.v. while the heater guys put knobs on our heaters!!! Hallelujah the apartment is cooling down.

And then tonight when Travis knocked on the door Maddix jumped off the couch and yelled, "coming!" He was SO EXCITED to see Travis, he didn't leave his side the rest of the night. He even went to Travis and said, "hand," led him to the couch, sat him down, and shared his bucket of pretzels... he rarely shares food:) He was so sad when it was time for bed. Shh.. don't tell anyone, I was feeling guilty for taking him away from Travis so I snuck one of his cars into his bed. He found it as I was leaving the room and was as happy as could be that 'he'd hid a car and forgot until now...'
Here are some pictures from the day:
This was our first ever puppet show. At first I was performing it and then he took over and saved the show

He controlled the puppets while I sang different Disney songs that fit each scenario:)

Then it was super hero time. Did you know blankie's double as capes?! Duh mom

At this moment it was both raining and hailing... and was sunny. Just couldn't make up it's mind

I wish I could've captured how I found him before he rolled. You know how babies sleep with their butts in the air? Well he was, plus his pants had slipped off his bum so his diaper was just highlighted in the air

And then finally our daddy came home!

Sharing of the pretzels

This picture melts my heart. Travis layed down to pretend to sleep so Maddix hopped up and was pretending to sleep, but the look in his eyes is just pure admiration for his papa. I hope it's always that way.
Today was a fun day and it was all over the place, and I was just glad I could burn some of Maddix's energy for once.

1 comment: