Wednesday, February 29, 2012

HaPpY LeAp YeAr!!

What a wonderful holiday, you should celebrate it. Mine is almost over, but you can still make the most of your day. Here's what we did for ours:
Who needs building blocks when you have empty milk and egg cartons
They all stack and get knocked over the same way
Today we walked to the Real to pick up a bag of groceries and to withdraw some cash for this weekends conference in Warsaw. I got to the ATM and found I didn't have my bank card. No biggy, I'll just come back later, I thought and went on with my shopping.
I thought about buying a lot of groceries but stuck to the one bag I brought with me (here you bring your own bags to put groceries in). I paid with my credit card and made my way out. I looked in my wallet to see a bunch of colored money but as I walked to the taxi I noticed... they were euros; no good here. So I took Maddix out of the cart, grabbed my very full bag of groceries and started walking home.
On the way home Maddix was a big boy and walked so I could carry the bag easier. And we saw a jack Russel terrier dog running around and when a car drove by it ran into the road and chased it away like you see in all the movies, Maddix and I got a laugh from it.
We were half way home when Maddix decided he needed to be carried.

Thankfully as I needed a break I heard someone calling my name and we'd run into some of Trav's classmates, who were ecstatic to see Maddix; Maddix was actually really excited to see them as well. Then we ran into Travis, and finally we made it all the way home. Yes, I did eat through a quarter of  a jar of Nutella on pretzels as a reward; don't judge:)
For dinner we had a new recipe: Chicken Pot Pie Soup. I forgot to get a picture but it was pretty tasty. More interestingly, at dinner Maddix once again managed to get himself caught in the chair; he does this on a daily basis:
I told him if he did it again he'd have to wait until I snapped a photo before helping him.
When Travis came home tonight he had great news about his Midterm he'd just taken. He's pretty positive he only missed one or two! Once again, blowing them out of the water.

Well in the last mention of news, I've almost secured a stud for Nala, it's a little bit hush hush until I get the okay, but all you have to know is he is GORGEOUS and I'm seriously crossing my fingers it goes through. Can you imagine a dozen of these little beauties running around?!



Boy I love that girl. We miss her so much it hurts. Tonight I discovered that Maddix LOVES Homeward Bound, and YES, I most definitely cried at the end when Shadow makes his triumphant return home; curse these mother hormones that makes everything it home.

Love my little girl.

1 comment:

  1. You're such a trooper Lace, carrying that boy and all those groceries for so far. You deserved every part of that Nutella! By the way, I just bought a big jar today, I've been missing it and all your talk about Nutella has made me want it very bad!

    ReplyDelete