Monday, February 13, 2012

A Bit of a Lazy Day

Today was not the day I had set out for it to be, but it was still pleasant.

I've mentioned the Polish timing yes?

Our cleaning lady will be here tomorrow at 8:00am... supposedly. :) No I believe them this time. I keep salivating over the idea of getting to take a shower (it's been longer than I care to admit to) and then it hits me that we don't have towels. Our Realtor who is in charge of buying all our amenities keeps cleverly dodging that topic; ah the Polish way of getting on it.

Today I was feeling a little under the weather and even more home sick. With Travis leaving to school this morning he seemed to have taken my belief in my abilities with him; ya know because he's my home and now he's gone. Don't get me wrong, the Lord will get us through, just today was... lonely :) Maddix felt it too.
Our lazy lunch. We just had left over Garlic Yellow Mashed potatoes and Oranges which went over extremely well with Maddix.
Maddix is doing wonderfully so far at falling asleep for nap time and bed time. Soon I'll work back up to his other nap, heaven knows he still needs it, the little crab:)
Today we ran out of water (we don't drink from the tap) and I was forced to face my fears, call a cab and go to the store. It was actually quite enjoyable for my first time alone. I took awhile at the store just to burn some time before going home. I must say, I know i'll be in shape when this is all through if I constantly carry Maddix and the bag of groceries in one arm, and two giant water jugs in the other... up 85stairs. Maddix took pity on me and tried to help me get the groceries from the entrance to the kitchen:)
Maddix THINKING he could carry the heavy water for mommy!
Maddix lifting what he could.. so strong

Due to my homesickness, tonight my dinner was a reminder of home:
Even though it was just Spaghetti, it tasted better here. And it really hit the spot with the homesickness bug
Tonight we're (and yes I said WE) are studying Anatomy... and NOT the good kind of Anatomy!
Thankfully Maddix was a good boy while we studied, he layed in the dark and watched... Cars. We didn't let him have it yesterday :)
Then I took a break (let Travis study some more before we re-quizzed), read Maddix a book, said our family night prayers, and tucked him into bed. PROGRESS: Tonight he fell asleep after trying to escape only once, having to be told to stop bouncing around twice, and then another 10-15mins of just talking to himself. But within 30minutes... he's asleep. I'm so happy that this seems to be working!
He was reading his Nala book we made him for Christmas

Being cute in his Big Boy Bed.


















 Well folks the boy is asleep, we're almost done quizzing, I just have the kitchen left to clean up (I will beat these bugs!), and then I'm going to bed in hopes that I will wake to the knocking of the door and scent of lemon pinsol!
Goodnight from us Johnson's!

No comments:

Post a Comment