Sunday, February 19, 2012

~A Blessed Family Sunday~

What a wonderful Sunday, the best we've had in awhile I'd say. And I think my boys would agree. We set a family goal that Travis would be blessed more if he avoided studying on Sunday's and kept it a family day. So far so good. 
We woke up this morning to a Maddix that let himself into our room and helped himself to our camera's and laptops. I have no idea how long he was there playing with the items, but I don't like the idea that he was out and about while I was asleep.... Hmm. This morning we stayed in our pj's all morning, enjoyed some banana pancakes and then decided it was warm enough (it was in the 30's today! Felt like 20's) to walk to church. It was probably 2miles away and when we got there the ward was elated to see us. 
The bishop and some other members told us how much they enjoyed hearing Maddix during the meeting and that it made them feel like they were at home, and that he added life to the meeting. That being said, he was a wonderful boy, better than we could have hoped for while making a first impression. It didn't hurt that he passed out toward the end of sacrament and stayed asleep until the end of church (which is one more block for us)
After church the Potter's drove us home and we enjoyed our lunch, got changed, and decided to walk over to old town, Lublin. 

This was a castle in an area of old town. Up close it looks just like "It's a Small world" at Disney Land.
Another view form the castle grounds.
It started to get rather chilly after being out for awhile so we made our way home to our overly heated apartment (we're still waiting for the furnace knobs to be fixed so we can turn down the heat) and prepared for the evening
While I was making dinner Maddix decided to help me with the laundry. Then he decided it was his turn to have all his stuff washed... so he began to load his valuables, including his cars set and his stuffed lion Nala that he has fallen in love with as of lately

 He inspected a few of them to see if they were clean enough then we set off for dinner. Tonight I tried out a recipe for AL gratin potatoes. They turned out tasty, I think I might tweak it a bit next time. But all in all it was good, and Maddix enjoyed it. 

Again, helping me with dinner

Then to end the night we turned on a Sunday movie for Travis and Maddix while I cleaned up. By the time I came back this is what I found:
We moved him to his bed and I took his spot next to my hubby; Travis and I both ended up falling asleep before the movie was even over. So now I'm slowly typing along hoping there are no errors and that my sentences make sense while Travis is snoring away next to me. 
G'night!
ps. don't forget you can click on the picture to enlarge it and see it better
p.s.s I killed another darn silverfish today. Is it weird that I almost want to start naming them?
(Perhaps if I weren't tired, I wouldn't have admitted that allowed)

2 comments:

  1. I'm so glad you guys had a nice Sunday. You guys are such a great example of a young family striving to do what is right, and also following your dreams.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mackenzie, about a month before we moved Travis and I took your advice and rented Water for Elephants and I like to think that My family's story is like theirs was. It will be unique and different and hopefully show my grand kids what hard work and perseverance gets you! And essentially it will just make a good story!

    ReplyDelete