Monday, February 6, 2012

Day 2 of being in Poland

I feel bad that I posted such a depressing post last night and making everyone worry about us. I think I was in a very dark moment and so exhausted I had no filter. Today was much better.
I woke up around 3am to Maddix crying and hungry. Travis hopped on google and chatted with his parents and Maddix enjoyed that. I finally decided to wake up with them and grabbed a few pieces of our leftover pizza. So we chatted with the fam and enjoyed some pizza and worked off some Jet lag until about 4:30am when I fell asleep. Trav said it took him another 1 1/2 hrs to coax Maddix back to sleep.
This is what I found this morning when we were getting ready for breakfast. Guess he partied too hard all night
This morning when we woke up I felt more hope and promise for this adventure than I was trying to muster up the night before. The cold frigid sun was peaking in through our window and the view as I looked out made me excited for the trip again. The photo doesn't do the area justice. I think the area is very fun looking with a mix of very old buidings (left) meeting a lot new shops (right)
This morning a realtor picked us up and had us look at two very promising apartment. Right now he's haggling with the landlords to try and get everything we want and in the meantime we're going to book one more night in the hotel just to be safe. He was nice enough to drop Travis off at school and the baby and I back at the hotel.
The rest of the day was spent in the hotel room (which is not very big) wondering when Travis might show up from school.
We hung out in some underwear to try and save his pants a little longer
Played Hide and Seek... sort of. He never hid long enough for me to seek
took a nap

Played with what toys we had left from our carry on
Sort of watched movies :)
Then at the end of the night I caught him making faces at himself in the mirror
Now I have my fingers that I'll wake up and tomorrow will look even brighter than today. Thanks everyone for caring about us.

3 comments:

  1. I'm so glad you had a better day! I guess yesterday wouldn't have been much of an adventure if it had been smooth sailing right!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad your day was better! It always helps to get a little bit of sleep in order to function, right? You're such a trooper. And that Maddix is seriously the cutest. I wish I could see you guys right now!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Exactly Kristy. I just can't wait to get into an apartment and have our stuff there. Most of all I'm really hoping they find his bag soon! I think if the haven't found it soon we're allowed to purchase things to replace it and charge it to the airline. I'm just sad because I packed his most favorite of everything in that bag: His snow suite, leather jacket, monster winter hat, blankets, stuffed animals, tons of things, and we bought him a brand new disney cars set for his welcome to Poland present and it's not even opened yet:( I don't want to replace all that stuff ya know?
    Kenze: I had a dream last night that you were moving to Utah from Feb to May and I only got to see you for one day because I would be in Poland that whole time. It was quite tragic!

    ReplyDelete