Thursday, February 9, 2012

Day 5: An Innovative and Creative Day

Ah Maddix, even when I'm doing nothing to foster your learning and growth and I spend WAY too much time than I'm proud to admit on pinterest (just hopped on for my first time today) finding recipes, you still manage to raise the bar... Or in this case, lower it.
Exhibit 1:

Removing the bar
The first night the hotel brought up the crib we noticed one of the bars was different and a little more wobbly. Today Maddix realized the same thing.
Exhibit 2:
Testing the width in between the bars
Exhibit 3:
Exerting the proper amount of force to propel one's self off the ground
Exhibit 4:
Waiting for the surprise attack




He essentially used his new found back door the rest of the day. And come bed time once the bar was replaced, he kept getting stuck in the rungs thinking he could still fit. He once again removed the bar and now I have a chair blocking him in like a concrete wall so that he can't escape. I finally won

Some other creative things we've been doing: Since it's been too cold to go out, we've been experiencing some cabin fever, so Maddix created a new room for himself out of the entry closet

Also since Maddix's toys are all in his bag and it's not with us yet, we have (for the past few days) taken to the habit of bringing a couple of tangerines up to the room from the buffet and substituted them as balls. He'll throw them to me as long as I'm willing (and then when I'm not), until they get really mushy then we eat them... it's perfect; who ever needed anything else?
Goodnight

1 comment:

  1. So cute Lace! I wish we could be there to keep you guys entertained!

    ReplyDelete