Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Happy Leap Year's Eve!

Happy Leap Year's Eve everybody!
This day, along with tomorrow, only comes once every four years and should be celebrated; and how I wish I had access to Leap Year the movie! It is such a good one and I wont have another opportunity like this for... well... four years:) So everyone go watch it!
Today Maddix was my special little helper around the house. He is really growing and catching onto how everything is done:
He would pull off the sock, and then turn to me and say, "Sock?"
Then he would place it in the pile he created for me to fold
For his nap time we decided he is really becoming a big boy... so we gave him a big boy bed:
If you look closely, you can see him bundled in that pile of blankets and pillows
So far the bed seems to be a success. But we'll see later on. He sure does love it.
After his nap he woke up and I went in to see him. He put both his arms up and when I grabbed his hand he pulled me into bed. He then hopped off the bed ran over to his shelf of books and carefully selected three books for me to read to him and came running back over. It was so CUTE! He tucked himself into a blanket and put his head on my pillow and then sat quietly while I read and re-read his books to him. That's the first time he's done that.

Today I also fell asleep on the floor while he watched Cars and like a good boy he just played quietly and let me sleep for the entire movie! I guess that's what happens when you've been up since 3:00am that was also a first for me. All I remember is giving the room one look over to see if it was safe, and then passing out. :)

Our other fun project of the day was another fort. But this time we made it twice as big.
Sure was fun, but once I left the fort Maddix wouldn't even go back in... so instead we colored:
Which again, he only enjoyed for a moment... oh these teeth. He's currently cutting another molar.

Well in other news, someone keeps trying to come to my apartment and it's really creeping me out. Sometimes my love for writing is a downfall as it causes my mind to run with endless reasons for why they keep coming back. I just sit and listen to them try to get me to buzz them in, I don't answer, so someone else buzzes them into the building. Then they sit and knock at my door. All the time I'm building up this big elaborate story in my head as to what I'll do if they try to break in; they never do obviously. My current theory is that the person who lived here before us owed someone some drug money and now they're hounding my apartment looking for him; I have my reasons for going with that scenario :)

In Better news, Travis is now officially leading his Anatomy Class! He is sitting one whole point higher than the next classmate and they are quite a bit ahead of everyone else. Wahoo! You go babe!

Oh, and also, Maddix is currently in bed putting off going to sleep and Travis walked into the kitchen singing a song and when he finished Maddix sang it back to him from in the shadows of his room. We were laughing so hard... which prompted him to get out of bed and come show us how funny he is. Now we're staring the sleeping process all over again.
Night

1 comment:

  1. Oh that Maddix is such a cutie! And way to go Travis for doing so good in your classes!!!

    ReplyDelete