Sunday, February 12, 2012

A long day that was just too short

Today was a day that I wanted to go by very slowly so that I could enjoy my last day with Travis, but also a day I wanted to speed by because I'm excited to have a cleaning lady come and work her magic tomorrow so I can take a shower... seriously!
I was also very excited to go to church today and meet the branch, but Polish timing being what it is, the guy with Maddix's bag wasn't here on time so Travis went off to church by himself, while I waited for the bag. When it came I literally hugged it for awhile; Jerry (The logo on the bag is from Jerry's Burger, A bistro that went out of business. There's a pic of the hamburger on the bag and we call it Jerry) was like a lost member of our family. Maddix has thoroughly enjoyed having all his toys back!
Unable to attend church I caught up on some emailing, read some scriptures, and just enjoyed some time to myself while Maddix was napping.
Trav came home and reported that there are about 15 members in our branch! And only one family is actually Polish :) There are some American's there right now and we have an actual Bishop. I'll report later on the ward once I meet them. Also Travis invited the Missionaries over for dinner. That involved some pre-cleaning... which had to be done because I found this:
Click on this photo to enlarge.... It's a silver fish
This is the same little type of bug I killed in the bathroom. I found him dying in our window sill. Travis identified him to me and I instantly hopped on google which was a terrible idea. Now I'm triple scared of the bugs. I took a can of raid around the apartment.. that's the only thing keeping me sane. Then thankfully I had a little helper:
He loved the vacuum. He kept calling it a truck; go figure
Then once everything was clean I tried my hand at my first homemade lunch in Poland:
Bread with meat and cheese, apples, and..
jam covered bread, topped with banana slices and cinnamon
The rest of the day was a bit lazy, we spoke with each side of our families then started to prepare dinner for the missionaries. This was round two of cooking for me. I made a Broccoli and Potato soup that turned out tasty. Sadly I forgot to get any pictures of dinner with the elders. But Funny note: The senior missionary of the two, actually is a previous acquaintance of Travis'! On Travis' mission he served for a long time on an American base in Germany and his bishop had a 14year old son at the time... who is now 20 and serving in our area. It is such a small world within the church.
Wish me lunch for tomorrow. Tomorrow begins the first day of my REAL adventure on having to do this without Travis. It's crazy how much I rely on him. *gulp*

No comments:

Post a Comment