Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Day 4: Average Day turned Very Exciting!

Last night both the boys crashed around 8:30pm and even though I wasn't tired I decided to head to bed about an hour later. When I awoke to Travis stumbling around in the dark I felt quite refreshed and ready for the day; unfortunately it was only 11:30...pm. Travis woke Maddix up and there was no way he was going back to sleep! After awhile of being with Maddix, Travis and I hopped up in the window where it was nice and chilly, hid ourselves in the curtains from Maddix and ended up talking, eating snacks, and watching the occasional group of drunks go by, until 4am. Oh this Jet Lag.
Breakfast couldn't have taken longer to come around and I was extremely excited to go eat. Too bad Maddix was insanely angry this morning, wouldn't eat, and made me leave before I got to eat much; I was so disappointed... and hungry. 

Sooo Tasty!



Travis had to leave to school fast and after I gave up eating with Maddix we went back upstairs to our room. Bored. Too cold to go outside. Hungry. We didn't do much. Cutest part of the day was when Maddix saw me falling asleep on the bed, hopped up next to me with his blanket, told me 'night night' and then an hour later Travis was waking us both up and Maddix was holding my hand:) Such a doll.

So the good part... I called the airlines and they found Maddix's bag! It's currently sitting at the JFK airport, will fly out to Warsaw late Saturday, and be driven to us in Lublin on Sunday! I'm super excited, ecstatic really! Plus on top of it all  we're being compt $100 to cover the expenses we had to incur for Maddix. So we went to the mall today and bought him a sweater, 2 long sleeves, SOCKS, pants, cute pj's (cute/creepy), and a nice shirt for Sunday since he won't have his bag! We're so blessed!
I thought the bear was cute at first glance, got back and decided it looks like a voodoo doll! Ah Polish Pj's

Its funny too because just last night while we were talking I told Travis that I had been slightly angry with God when I prayed for Maddix's bag to show up and it didn't because I knew it was in his power to make it happen, but he didn't. 
How terrible of me. I instantly felt bad and wrestled with myself to let go of how attached to the items in the bag I was; it was the jeep all over again. The Lord has answered ALL of my prayers, even the ones mumbled under my breath and here I was doubting him for no reason. So this morning when we called and heard we got the bag back, PLUS money to get him MORE things, it just reproved to me how God sees the path ahead when we cant and always takes care of us!
It's hard to doubt that God is watching us when he sends us Angels like these
P.s. Maddix broke out in a rash all over his belly and back from the soaps and harsh weather and I just want to say thank you to my Gma and Gpa Wells for our essential oils kit they gave us for Christmas. Tonight I rubbed some oils all over his rash and we'll see how it looks in the morning, and to top it off I put some Lavender on his cheeks because he's been so sad today and he fell asleep SO fast.. maybe 10mins and he was gone. So thank you again for always taking care of us. We love you all. Thank you everyone for your prayers and interest in our well being.
10mins after getting the oils on

1 comment: