Wednesday, February 15, 2012

February 15, 2012

Highlight of the day:
Our Bishop came over to introduce himself and get to know our family. Bishop Mecham seems to be in his mid to late 30's with a wife and 3kids. He and his family are here setting up some work for his company and they'll be going back home to Arizona in November, along with another man and his wife, the Potter's, who are in the ward.
He made a comment tonight that really stuck out to me, " You know, you look around at everything that's going on out here and you can't tell me the Lord doesn't work in mysterious ways. Just look at how Travis knows Elder (I forgot his name) know each other from back on his mission. Or how when I accepted the job to come here, that day I found out I knew the Mission Pres. so I already had an in for coming here." It just makes you wonder what the Lord has in store, or in what way all these pieces are fitting together....and what picture are they making for that matter. I really enjoyed having him over. I'm excited for when his family gets back out here so we can meet them.
So the rest of the day:
Tried to captures all the snow blowing around
The wind was extremely hard today and there was some snow mixed in it, so once again inside we stayed. Maddix and I are getting a little cabin fever
BLT Wraps and Oranges
During lunch Maddix stopped eating, looked at me motionlessly, then threw his head back hysterically and started laughing. I in turn laughed which sent him laughing and on and on it went...

until it was time to clean up. Look who cleaned up his own plate:
Such a helper these days
The day was touch and go with productiveness vs. boredom, tantrums vs. cooperation, but all in all it's always wonderful to be a stay at home with Maddix:) Especially tonight when we got the T.V. dropped off, hooked up the apple T.V. and daddy took a 10min break to come cuddle on the couch with us while we watched an old Mickey and Pluto cartoon. IT was so funny. We all laughed a lot, especially Maddix echoing our laughter. Then during my night time clean up I found this:
Those are his cars in the washer
I was much happier to find that surprise than the other two surprises I found earlier. Just as I was getting used to being here, and yesterday I even DARED to unpack the suitcases, today I found another silverfish. I picked Maddix's empty bag off the floor and it fell off. I grabbed the can of raid, but I think it got away! Then as I was putting my suitcase away a spider fell off. Does everyone know that I'm that person that once saw a spider in her room, it disappeared, and I had to spend the next 4hours moving everything out of my room until I tracked it down (I did find and kill it by the way)?! I do NOT live, co-exist, function, or survive with these pesky bugs as roommates!!! ...... if I can even sleep tonight will be a miracle :) G'night.
P.s. Maddix came in the room and Trav motioned for him to come sit with us. He stopped, never taking his eyes off us then slowly walked himself backwards out of the room and around the corner, until we heard him trip in the other room. I've never seen him walk backwards before: another first.

1 comment:

  1. HA HA ha that Maddix is so adorable. Lace wasn't I there when that spider disappeared under your bed? I remember searching everywhere for it!

    ReplyDelete