Tuesday, February 7, 2012

~Day 3 in Lublin~

Each day we grow a little more confidence in our new area; and by we, I mean me since Maddix has no problem whatsoever saying 'hi' to everyone that walks by. Like I said, everyone loves him.

Today Travis had to be to school early and that left Maddix and I going down to breakfast by ourselves, and from there I noticed a park across the street with snow and lots of people... and somewhere during that breakfast I grew some confidence:
And we made it outside, out of the room, the hotel, and even across the street. All by myself. (I feel so ridiculous admitting such an insecurity of mine). Today was 12degree's F, with a breeze that dropped it to 5d. Yeah, it was out of the negatives! 
Maddix loved every minute of being outside and I resorted to speaking German anytime people walked passed us. For some reason I felt more comfortable masking myself as an European than an American Tourist, and surprisingly I remembered more than I thought. He also LOVED the swings; he giggled the whole time.
After a while the breeze kicked up and I scooped Maddix up and ran home because it was too cold to be outside. Once back to the room we got out of our wet clothes and snuggled to a movie. I promise we don't watch movies ALL day! We're just still transitioning :)
Travis surprised us and came home early so we took advantage of it and went exploring:
Through the gate to the old town
Inside the first church we went through
Inside the second church we walked through. Imagine the sound of a choir singing "ah" in perfect harmony:)
On the way back to the hotel we stopped to buy duners on the street and we got approached by this drunk bum:) His bottle was hanging out of his pocket. He kept asking Trav for money in Polish and then tried a crack at German. Trav politely spoke with him for a minute and the guy was maybe 4inches from his face the whole time. Finally someone came and bought the guy a duner and we crept away!
Back at the hotel I game Maddix a treat with dinner and soon... regretted it:
I cleaned him up a bit and got him ready for a shower. I had pulled out one of my homemade oreos that my mom sent with us and when I turned around to get it, it was gone:
There's my cookie!
Well now we're all bathed, fed, warm, and tired. So goodnight

No comments:

Post a Comment