Thursday, February 2, 2012

February 2nd~Groundhog's Day~My 23rd Birthday

Today is my birthday...

Maddix woke up bright and early to wish me a happy birthday, like around 3am and then decided he was wide awake until around 4:30am. Now have I mentioned that since we've moved into  Travis' family's house, Maddix is sleeping in a port-a-crib right next to our bed. Every night since we've moved here he's woke up once every hour on the hour to cry for about 10mins. We are running low on sleep for sure. Anyhow, that's not the point of this post...
... Today's post is to say Thank you to my amazing husband, friends, and family who made my birthday today a wonderful day. This morning Travis took Maddix out of the room to allow me to "sleep in" but ended up peaking his head in through the door around 7:45 and said, with a giant smile on his face "Oh good, you're awake. Want to come out and open your presents?" Reluctantly I rolled out of bed and made my way to the family room where my presents awaited beside my Travis, Maddix, and Nala. 
I received a new black purse, a scarf, a pair of pants (that through an awesome sale and gift card cost only $6.00), a quad combo scriptures set, a converter for the European outlets, and... a new Nikon Camera! I was SO excited!! It's just what I wanted! So here are some pictures and details from our day.
There are no pictures from me opening the presents, but it was cute, Maddix saw me opening the presents, hopped off the couches and said, "oh wow." Shortly after that I went to my good friend, Michelle's house where she helped me color my roots so I could look fresh on my trip to Poland.
Watching his trucks clip while I got ready for the day
My parents were loving that we asked them to babysit while we spent the day together so we loaded up and headed over
We made our way to say goodbye to Jenne, My 2nd mom
After we dropped Maddix at my parents we went and walked around the Orem Mall and waited for Texas Roadhouse to open so we could go eat our tasty meal!
 After lunch we ran a few more errands and bought me a carry case for my camera, then made our way back to pick up Maddix. When we reached home we had a surprise goodbye visit from Travis' grandma and Aunt.
It was a great day and now here are some random shots from my camera, enjoy:
Maddix looking out the window shouting "Truck."

Big boy climbing up by himself

Pure Joy
Love my camera. Loved my birthday.

No comments:

Post a Comment