Friday, February 24, 2012

I LOVE not working Fridays; almost as much as I LOVE my BOYS!

I LOVE not working Fridays; almost as much as I LOVE my BOYS! Oh that statement couldn't be any truer.
Instead of being at work, carrying heavy bus tubs, being splattered with food, and taking endless demands from hundreds of people, tonight I enjoyed a stroll through our neighborhood that ended at a pizza joint just down the road.
This was his fit when he was told he couldn't have his binki on this outing

All this pizza and two waters for $10.00

He thoroughly enjoyed his pizza and then we took a stroll to this giant mall down the road from our apartment, then made our way home where Travis started studying again, I didn't have to clean up dinner, and Maddix and I cuddled while reading some books; then bed.
Well, I had other things to write but Maddix is cracking me up so I have to share.
Once again it's game time and so far it's 3-0, i'm winning on putting him back in bed. WELL, I thought he was asleep so I went in to close the window and I hear this *shuffle, shuffle,* and when I looked over his eyes and nose were barely poking over the back of the futon. Shoot! I stood there, caught, and when I went to dash out of the room I hear this *shuffle shuffle* and there he is with his head and fingers peaking through the back of the chair we keep at the end of the bed so he doesn't fall out. I just pulled the door closed and ran out regretting my choice. Point for Maddix, 3-1
I told Travis and we had a quick laugh about it. I went into the kitchen and as I turned the corner it was like a scene from Chucky: There he was. Standing in the shadow of his doorway, trying to be seen, but not seen at the same time, with this mischievous smirk on his face; it scared me SO badly. I screamed and he thought he was hilarious. He ran into my room to show Travis how funny he was. 3-2
THEN, about 20mins later Travis had to turn his phone on and the tune that chimes as it turns on was pretty loud and we hear this, "phone!" from the other room, followed by this, "hewoh? hewoh?"
So cute.... tied game 3-3
THEN, like 20mins after that we hear this rustling and travis opens our door to find him laying flat on the floor with his eyes peaking under our door crack. I have no idea how long he was there. 3-4
So we picked him up to give Travis a kiss and this mouth full of drool dripped all into Travis' mouth hee hee hee. 3-5... He's winning and I think I'm going to have to call the game because I CAN'T lose.

SO NOW, we've been trying to get him to sleep for the past... almost two hours. I'm really missing his crib at the moment. And I'm sure I'll miss it even more in the morning when it's Saturday morning, the mother of all mornings to sleep in, and he's going to be in our room waking us up, OR WORSE, not waking us up and doing something naughty that doesn't interrupt our sleep! But All that being said, it will always be worth it as long as I get to wake up and see this face every morning. 18 years is going to flash by much too quickly before he's leaving me for two years. I pray I get to cherish everyday until then as much as I've been relishing these past few weeks of being a full time mom.

Disclaimer: This next part of the post is aimed solely at my husband, so you can stop hear or read the mushy part of the extra post.


Travis, I hope you know how much I love and cherish you as well. Thank you for being my husband. Thank you for knowing me in and out so that I don't have to explain how i'm feeling, because I am a girl and we're often upset because we don't know what's bothering us.
Thank you for being my bestfriend and giving me a hard time, playing with me, and making me laugh.
Thank you for loving our family so much that you gave up everything to come here and dedicate your heart and sole to school... and yet you fit Maddix and I in just enough that we don't feel neglected.And you know what, this isn't the first time you've packed up and left everything behind to make a better life for you and I. Summer sales of 2008?
You are so stubborn, hard working, and dedicated to this family and it's well being and I appreciate that!
I'm so grateful for every minute I've had with you, and for all the moments that are to come. I'm sorry we haven't had a real Valentines Day Celebration due to one thing or another in 4yrs, but just know that I love you so much and as long as you love me, I will follow you to the ends of the earth and stand by your side... even when you're so ridiculous. And anyone that knows you KNOWS exactly what I mean when I say you can be the most RIDICULOUS person I know :) But I love that part of you too.
At Larisa's wedding in San Diego
This was one month after being sealed to my best friend for time and all eternity. Every year with you has brought an entirely different set of trips, hobbies, obstacles, difficulties, surprises, adventures, lessons, plans, and hard times, and I have loved every minute of it because I've been by your side for the journey. I'm so glad that we're going to have an incredible story to pass onto our children, and grandchildren to come. I love You. For no reason than that, I wanted to take a minute to let you know that, since sometimes I lack in showing it.
Just always know.
I love you.

No comments:

Post a Comment