Thursday, February 23, 2012

A very Rainy February 23, 2012

What a rainy Thursday for Maddix and I to enjoy... and we sure did. We just took it easy, and we loved it.
Unfortunately though, the only pictures I took today were of the food; I swear I'm not obsessed. Don't picture me with chubby German cheeks and chocolate stains on my face; don't judge me. I have been working out hard to compensate and Maddix has been joining in. When I'm stretching and doing jumps he tries to wrap onto my let like a weight, or crawls under my legs with his car. So I'm working hard:)
So while Travis was out conquering medical school one quiz at a time, we were here conquering one meal at a time. But unfortunately:
Zucchini Sticks
... I went through the WHOLE process only to eat one when it came out and it was so gross! The zucchini was bad. So we scrapped it all and started over an hour later. I was NOT ready to cook something else so this is what we had:
Peach Yogurt with Apples covered in Nutella (my new FAVORITE European treat)
Besides eating today we danced around, twirled, colored, and.... I don't remember it was raining so hard today it all just sort of blurred into the noise of wind banging against our windows. It was nice. Also, I loved that today Maddix came up to me and said, "hand," like he always does when he takes me to what he wants to show me but when I reached for his hand he decided to have me hold him instead; then he nuzzled his head into my shoulder.
This was our dinner, since it's the only other picture I have:
Roasted Veggi's over Bow tie Pasta
By far my LEAST favorite meal... just wasn't that good.
Today I was able to get the kitchen all cleaned up in time to give Maddix a bath, brush his teeth (because we do that now), and then I was so excited that we were able to cuddle up into my bed and read books for a half hour before bed. THEN we went through the whole routine where he jumps out of bed and comes out so I can see him, then I heartlessly put him back into bed, and it just continues on longer and longer each night. Tonight I ALMOST had him asleep when Travis came home and when Maddix heard him come through the door he jumped out of bed and ran into his arms. He gave him a big kiss and then you could see the wheels in his head cranking, telling him that he should take advantage of the moment and use it to get out of bedtime. So then he ran into my room and once again I was the mean mommy that ended the fun and pulled him away from his daddy:)
So that's how our day was... plus for the best news: Travis text me today and he got a 5/5 on his anatomy quiz (the highest in the class), and a 5.5/5 on his biophysics quiz (second highest in the class by the difference of .2). Once again, I'm SO proud of him! He is really putting his heart into this and committing to make our futures turn out right!
Goodnight!

1 comment:

  1. I didn't know you liked to cook. This post inspires me to try some new recipes. And I didn't know you were moving either. What an adventure!

    ReplyDelete