Wednesday, February 22, 2012

~LeApS & BoUnDs~

Today was a day full of leaps and bounds for Maddix and I. 

This morning Maddix and I went to the fridge to pull out his sippy cup and pour him some milk. Here our milk comes in a yellow cap-2% equivalent for Travis and I, and I red cap-whole milk for Maddix. So as we grabbed his milk I pointed out to him, "Maddix's milk, Red *point*, and My milk is yellow *point*." I repeated it a few times and then to my surprise he pointed to each one and said, "hwed *Point* yehwow *point*." I was so proud of him, and then he LEAPT even further in knowledge by then pointing to the shelf above, where the ketchup and mustard are contained, and saying, "yehwow *point to mustard*, hwed *point to ketchup*."... wow. Sometimes my job is easy. 

Then in another moment of moving forward I knew we had to go to the store soon, so even though it was slightly drizzly outside, I packed Maddix up and decided to walk to the REAL grocery store; it wasn't as bad as I thought it would be, it was fun actually, just to enjoy some time out and about with all the students around everywhere. It probably helped too that Travis' class was on the far end of campus so I made sure to leave when he did and he carried Maddix almost 1/2 way for me. Then on the way home we took a cab because my grocery bags were too heavy to carry along with Maddix. 
So when we got home I rewarded myself by putting Maddix down for a necessary nap and snacking on a mini parfait.
I sure do love European snacks
 Then tonight we took a bit of a leap back to our state side roots and enjoyed some food you don't often have here: Mexican. We had stuffed soft shell tacos! Oh that might just be my favorite meal now :0)
 Then during my routine clean up after dinner, Maddix came and took the vacuum hose from me and started cleaning for me. Cute. But the funniest part was when he straddled the hose and started riding it like horse, noises and all. I desperately wish I would've got a picture of that one! I did however get a picture of Maddix in his favorite spot to watch movies:
Don't worry, I don't let him stay here long.... terrible for the eyes!
 Well it feels like we were very blessed in the leap Maddix made, transitioning from crib to futon... but as of a few days ago we've been taking leaps backwards. And tonight we took a LARGE bound backward in progress of bedtime! 
My good little boy typically tries to escape bed 2 to 4 times in a 30min period but then goes to sleep; not bad at all right? Well tonight it's been around an hour and a half with countless escape attempts and he's still putting up a fight. He doesn't even try to go anywhere, he just likes your attention. And if I don't give it to him and try to not play into his game, he one ups me by getting into his toys. We've swatted him and that works for a second to hold him in bed, but then he recovers and is on the go again. Arg! This last time I was in my room with the door propped closed and we could hear him escaping again. When we opened our door there he was, butt in the air, head to the ground, just trying to peak under our door crack to see what we were up too. Travis took charge in putting him back to bed this time and needless to say, he hasn't tried getting out again... I think he might even be asleep; maybe. 

Well that was the day. The Lord blessed me to overcome a major fear and it was really enjoyable. He blessed Travis to have breaks inbetween classes that conveniently put him home everytime I was just putting a meal on the table, and tonight he blessed me to not chop my finger off... I'm dead serious, I almost lost the entire top of my finger: I was cutting an onion, got going too fast with too much force for how dull the knife is and my onion tipped and my knife came down hard of my finger. I stopped for moment, letting go of the knife, but it didn't fall over because it was stuck deep in my finger... nail. I had to look for a minute while no pain signals reached my brain, but as it would go the knife drove straight into my fingernail and BARELY missed the whole top of my finger! I pulled it out and now have this weird chunky indent in my ring finger nail but I am just fine. I am so grateful for the protection my family and I are given on a daily basis! 
Goodnight.

1 comment:

  1. Oh my goodness! I'm so glad you didn't lose the top of your finger too! That would have been terrible!

    ReplyDelete